Chapter 2

Alex woke up a little later than the previous day, freshened up, ate breakfast, said bye to gammy and began waiting. The three brothers prepared too, started off and stopped by Alex’s place to pick her up.
[Alex got into the car]

Alex: morning boys.
Tom: hey, morning good to see you smiling in the morning
Will: what’s up.
Jace: Montez
Alex: Willan
[Tom and Will surprised]

They get to school and disperse to their classes.

Mia: hey [hugs Alex]
Alex: hi good to see you
Mia: you too. I didn't know you're close with the royals. That's why Jessie acted like that.
Alex: no we just met coincidentally yesterday and they offered to be giving me a ride everyday since we're neighbors.
Mia: okayyyyyy......

Mia and Alex go to their class, class 2 while Jessie, Truss, Jane, Jace, Will and Tom are in class 3.

[Mr Danfort walks in]
Mr: good morning
Class: morning.
Mr Danfort: I am Mr Danfort, of course you call me sir [class laughs] alright, Miss Montez I didn’t see you yesterday in the afternoon.
Alex: sorry sir, I live quite far had to start off early.
Mr Danfort: okay then......... So now you are the new students of Harvard, hence I will explain a few trends to you. When you do so well continuously, the best five students move to class 3 with the first year second semester students, if you are not among those five, you stay here. Again in class 3, the last or worst five are brought back in this class.
Class 2 [students laugh].

Mr Danfort: Well it may sound funny but if you think it’s a joke you’ll be amazed. Any questions?
Mia: when does this shift happen?
Mr: oh, thank you Miss...... [Points at her]
Mia: Miss Clutya.
Mr Danfort: Miss Clutya, for that question. I forgot to mention. This shuffle occurs during the semester, unexpectedly [students looking afraid]. Yes..…. So work hard. Okay so today we’ll just do introductions and get to know each other, yeah….. Yes beginning from here go!
[Class went on]

In the other class,  there is a Mr Brown. Jessie still used to try her luck on Jace, but at this point he didn’t even want to make eye contact with her.
[Classes ended]

Jessie: [pulls Jace by his hand] hey
Jace: [makes a-not-interested face] listen I told you to stay away from me.
Jessie: look I know that [humbles herself] I came to apologize.
Jace: really?
Jessie: yes.
Jace: okay, just wait here I’ll be back.
[Jessie waits, of course with her girls.]

Jessie: look how easy that…… [Tom and Will pass by]
Tom: [just looks at her]........
Will makes a vomiting-mocking sound and laughs.

While Jace calls Alex. Alex hears her phone buzzing in the bag......

Alex: my gammy calling me at this time, why?
She checks and laughs.

Mia: who’s it?
Alex: well, Jace
Mia: [bumps on her shoulder] whoooowwww….
Alex: [answers] yes Willlan.........
Jace: Montez where are you?
Alex: going to the library.
Jace: [surprised] what?! Already studying for your politics?
Alex: remember you are on probation I might just fire you [laughs].
Jace: please can I borrow you for some few minutes please?
Alex: I just told you, you are on probation what manners you have.
Jace: [sounds serious] Alex come on.
Alex: okay, where are you?
Jace: just come by the dining hall.
Alex: okay [line cut]

Mia: well [smiles]
Alex: keep my stuff for me I’ll catch up, please
Mia: [laughs] go on.
Alex: thanks.
Mia: [says to herself] I’m happy to find you Alex you’re like a sister from another mother [smiles and goes into library].

Alex: this better be good
Jace: come [took her to Jessie]
[Jessie surprised]

Jessie: why did you…....
Jace: you said you wanted to apologize, here she is......
Jessie: I meant to you.
Jace: why me? Did you offend me? No, I only did that because you offended her.
Jessie: [frustrated].............
Jace: are going to do it or not?

Jessie just walks out with her girls.

Alex: [looking afraid] what.....…uhhmm Jace....…[stammers]
Jace: you know someday I’m not always going to be around, listen [holds her by the shoulders], you gotta stand up for yourself sometime, you are a really nice person, you’re fun. Alex…… don’t let people intimidate you, you are great.
Alex: ahh…..
Jace: anyway, [begins walking] you said you’re going to study?
Alex: I want to graduate faster.
Jace: ohh the best five thing?
Alex: yeah, do people actually…....
Jace: yeah I was moved.
Alex: really wow, you must be really smart [smiles]
Jace: just have to understand stuff.
Alex: can I ask for a favour?
Jace: it depends.
Alex: [they reach by the library door] thanks for encouragements on defending myself.

Jace: [laughs] wait what? Is this part of your politics?
Alex: no, I guess you are really busy so it's okay...…..
Jace: don’t assume stuff. Okay I take back what I said. Anything, what is it?
Alex: no it’s okay…....
Jace: Alex please come on.
Alex: I wanted you to be my tutor after classes.....
Jace: [laughs] come on Montez that’s it? For a moment I thought like it was something like really really serious that I would definitely refuse. Of course what are friends for? On three conditions though.

Alex: why three? I only asked for one thing.
Jace: I take it back, what I just said. Yes you are right I’m super busy you know so on three conditions.
Alex: you know I could as well just ask your cousins right?
Jace: Will has a meeting, in fact he already left and Tom went to see he's parents.
Alex: I’ll just study hard and make it too.....
Jace: you’ll still need to be guided, I worked with guidance too, my older cousin Mark.
Alex: guess it’s a sign, Jess and I need to work out our differences. And I know she’ll just ask for one thing, stay away from you so yeah......
Jace: true, that’s exactly what she would say. Though she would ensure she guides you wrongly so you completely fail.
Alex: we would’ve worked out our….....
Jace: Jessica will never change.
Alex: I’ll ask somebody else from your class then.......
Jace: seriously Alex?
Alex: yeah.
Jace: listen, my conditions aren’t hard unlike Jessica’s one condition.
Alex: [laughs] geez, its easy........
Jace: just hear my out.
Alex: okay.

Jace: firstly, I need an increase in payment, [Alex laughs], then I need you to never fire me.......... actually I just had two…….. no I’ll come up with one a more good condition soon.
Alex: well, okay fine [about to enter library]

Jace: yes, lastly, after tutoring class, we have dinner together whether at a restaurant, your place or mine
Alex: [makes a face] oh wait I get it now, your brothers left you, you don't want to be alone [laughs].
Jace: [embarrassed look] no, no, that’s a minor reason
Alex: oh really, then why?
Jace: see you later Montez! [goes]
Alex: I knew it! [Laughs]

She goes in the library. The rest of the day continues normally. After class, Jace picks up Mia and Alex, drops Mia home and goes to some nice park for the tutoring lessons. While there, she gets to really understand he is great at explaining. Later on, they go for dinner at her place because he said he wanted to meet her gammy and he did.