24. My dear Clementine

13th of July 1973

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Marygold happy birthday to you!"

I woke up to the sound of a bunch of people singing Happy birthday, to me? I opened my tired eyes and saw Freddie, Roger, Brian, John, Mary, and Johns and Brians girlfriends Veronica and Chrissie, all standing around the bed.

"What the fuck?" I asked grumpily, with my lovely (not really) morning voice.

Aaaah yes now I get it, it's the 13th of July, my birthday! Mary was holding a cake on a tray, frosted with pink frosting and red text on top that told 'Happy birthday!' And under that '21'. It took me back to the times when my dad, aunt and my cousin would suprise me like this when I was young. Every year they would do that- It was really something special.

But do you know what else happens today? No? Well Queens first album is going to come out! It's the release date of Queen I today! So it's a really big day!

"Happy birthday!!!" Everyone yelled at the same time.

"Oh why thank you-" I smiled really startled. "But shouldn't you guys be more excited about your debut album?"

"The morning is all for you my darling! But now chop chop, get dressed so you can open the pressents!" Freddie chirpped draging me out of the bed, shooing me towards the bathroom.

I took a quick shower, brushed my theet and did all of that. I looked at the clothes that were on top of the counter next to the sink. Freddie probably had picked them out for me, he loves dressing other people up. Even tho this doesn't look like something he'd pick- I put on some orange flared corduroy pants and an orange tight cropped t-shirt, with a clementine embroidered in the middle. The pants had a slit on the side of the leg, so it wouldn't get so hot.

I brushed my hair trough, put on a matching headband. I applied some makeup, so I wouldn't look like a dead fish. And I was good to go now.

I didn't plan to do anything this year for my birthday. Turning 21 isn't really that big of a deal for me. God I feel so old, I was like 17 yesterday. My teenage years are already long away now-

But anyways, it was nice that the others suprised me like that. Suprises are nice when they mean well. Plus they got a cake for me, which was really toughtfull! And I love frosted cakes- Brians and Rogers birthdays are too coming up soon, with Brians in like three days after mine. So there'll be alot to do for this and next week, with all the albums stuff etc.

"She looks like a mandarin! I told you guys that my outfit was the best!" John cheered when I came downstairs, where the others were- Already eating my cake, rude! Now I didn't get to blow off any candles.

"What?" I asked confused. "Deacy don't you dare to start this again-"

"The boys had a competition, where they all picked out an outift for you, and we decided on that one." Chrissie explained.

"What the hell happened when I was asleep?"

"Why wasn't my outfit good enough?" Roger whined.

"Because Roger your outift of choise, was a black bralette and some leather pants- We're dressing up the birthday girl not a prostitute." Ronnie told him, making all of us burst into laughter.

"You let Roger Taylor analyze my underwear collection?!" I looked at Freddie shocked.

"I already shouted at him don't worry-" He replied.