47. Fairy folk

"And you've decided to tell me this now!?"

"What on earth, should've I told you Farrokh?!"

"I don't even know what you should've told me- But the fact, that you knew!" Freddie yelled, waiving his arms around like crazy.

"Please, let's not argue here." I pleaded, as I spun around on my heels.

We stomped inside both with the same amount of anger and saltines inside of us, throwing some clothes on, not keen on strolling in the forest with little to no clothing on.

I marched out the door adjusting my sunglasses on my nose, as Freddie followed right on my trail. The others were probably concerned at our sudden outburst, but never mind them now.

"Care to explain everything, right from the beginning?" Freddie demanded answers, as our stroll down the road began.

"What is there to explain Farrokh?" I rubbed my temples in frustration.

"Mary and lover don't sound right to me, explain."

"How can I even begin, explaining this to you, so you'd understand?"

"You think I'm too dumb to understand?"

I ignored him. "Briefly, this isn't the way the universe should've developed. You and Mary should've been longtime-lovers, but-"

"But?"

"But then my acquaintance who has his hands deep in the dough, fooled with time traveling technology, which messed up you and Mary. I apologize for him."

"Messed up? How?"  

"Well at least he thought that. The thought that something he did caused you and Mary, not to fall in love. But the irony here is, that he created the problem by fixing it."

"The problem here being?" Freddie furrowed his brows. 

"The problem is me! I am the problem!" I exclaimed desperately.

"So your friend, never mind his name, thought he destroyed the timeline of me and Mary and sent you to fix it. But there wasn't a problem to begin with, but he created it by sending you here, thinking it'd fix the problem. So you were supposed to play the character of Mary..?"

"Yes, and the cherry on top of that is that my friend, Sean, counterfeited my death. So according to the law, I died on November 24th 2019 while hiking! So even if I could return, verily I couldn't."

"Would you if you could?" Freddie intruded.

"I said, if I could, I still couldn't. Freddie don't you listen!?" I scoffed crossing my arms front of my chest.

I heard Freddie sigh in and out deeply. "Don't get all fiercy at me- I'm the one who should be should be enraged! Don't you understand how crucial this is?! Why on EARTH, didn't you tell me? Didn't you think I would've preferred to know?"

"What could've I said!? Tell me how should've I told you that!?"

"I don't f-king know!!"

"Well I don't know either Frederick!"

"How do you think I feel? Don't you feel anything Marygold? How do you think I feel knowing that I've wasted six years of my life?" Freddie yelled, as he spun around on his heel to face me.

I let my hair down to hide in its puffiness as Freddie stared me down, towering me with his height, as a dramatic wind blew perfectly on our hairs.

"What do you mean?"

"You know damn well what I mean."

"Freddie, I don't know!"

"Don't make me say it-"