exes and anger

The couple woke up quite late compared to usual and they would have slept longer if they forgot about the three children that were probably waiting for breakfast downstairs. Jungkook stretched and yawned before placing soft kisses on Taehyung’s nape. The other hummed in satisfaction but clearly wasn’t completely awake yet.

“Tae? I’m going to make breakfast, come down when you’re ready.” Jungkook mumbled to the half-asleep Taehyung. He placed a few more kisses on Taehyung’s forehead and cheeks before leaving their bedroom.

When Jungkook entered the kitchen he instantly started on breakfast whilst his two kids attempted to hide the missing family member. “What’s up with you two? You’re normally very chatty at breakfast.”

“Well clearly we didn’t get enough sleep, thanks to you and Papa.” Taeguk muttered, laying his head on the dining table whilst Areum patted his head.

“H-how- I- uh…who wants pancakes?” Jungkook stuttered, amusing the two in front of him. Taehyung was almost perfect with his timing as he waddled down the stairs with a sleepy look on his face. The snickering got louder when he arrived and turned into laughter. Taehyung didn’t question it in his morning state but he did realise that someone was missing from the table.

“Where’s Jungtae?”

That one question was enough to kill the laughter and set a suspicious atmosphere. “Well- uh- he…he went out.” Taeguk said. The facial expressions painted on his parents face told him that he had already failed. Jungkook shook his head before taking a seat next to Taehyung.

“Let’s try that again shall we? Where’s Jungtae?” Jungkook asked, he had one eyebrow raised. His lips were pulled into one straight line and his eyes warned the two not to talk. So they didn’t. Jungkook was slightly getting worried when silence engulfed the family. “Guk? Areum? I want an answer. Now.”

Areum sighed, knowing there was no way out of this. “I told Jungtae about how my ex was bothering me and he got a little angry.”

“A little?” Taeguk scoffed. Not aiding the atmosphere at the dining table. Jungkook was quick to get out of his chair, red flags going off inside his mind.

“Where is he? I want an answer now.” Jungkook said quickly making the two children worry slightly.

“Uhm the park near the coffee shop.” And with that said Jungkook was out of the house and in his car. Jungkook was slightly annoyed to be dealing with this so early in the morning but what can you do? If he had to protect his children he was obviously going to do so.

Jungkook looked around the abandoned park, quickly spotting two figures that weren’t too far from him. The male sprinted towards the two in case Jungtae had lost his temper. This thought was correct as Jungkook neared the two Jungtae had punched the guy.

“Jungtae!” Jungkook grabbed the boy, stopping him from doing anything else. “That’s enough, go straight to the car now.”

———💓———

Jungtae was irritated to say the least, once again Areum’s ex had gotten away. Why did his family members always save him? The fire in his stomach was only growing when he saw Gyeong sitting in his living room, a smile plastered on his face as he spoke ever son fondly about what was happening in life.

“Get out.” Jungtae muttered towards him.

Taeguk looked up at Jungtae, his eyes wide but part of him also wished that Gyeong would go away. It was nice that Gyeong didn’t take offence when Taeguk left their ‘hang out’ unexpectedly but the more Gyeong talked the more Taeguk felt as if Gyeong treated him like a diary. Taeguk hardly ever spoke to Gyeong. He did more listening. Honestly the boy found it boring and he became less excited to hang out with his best friend.

“Excuse me?” Gyeong replied, not used to the unwelcoming atmosphere. Gyeong was a nice kid, he never had bad intentions with this family but everything seemed to have come out wrong.

“Leave! Why are you even here?! You don’t even know what you are doing and I doubt you’ll stop and think about it so why don’t you just leave and stop creating issues!?” Jungtae snapped making Jungkook sigh who had just entered the room.

“Jungie please come into the kitchen.” He said, attempting to calm his son down.

Jungtae didn’t move. He was sick of love hurting his siblings. Why did it keep coming back to two people that surely didn’t deserve to be constantly hurt? Areum was nothing but sweet, helping almost everyone and feeling a tremendous amount of guilt when telling a white lie. Taeguk was a calm person, one that the world liked to walk over but he hardly ever complained and just continued for the sake of himself, friends and family. Why were they being punished?

Gyeong shook his head, he bid goodbye to Taeguk and left. He understood that he was not needed nor wanted in this situation and he didn’t want to cause further issues so the best thing to do was to just leave. After this Jungtae was happy to go into the kitchen to probably get scolded.

“Jungtae this is getting out of hand you’re better than this. You’re temper is really causing issues that could potentially get you in trouble with the law and that is not the way you were raised.” Jungkook spoke softly.

“Come on babe. You have to think before you do stuff like this.” Taehyung muttered to the silent boy. "Jungtae we really don't want you to get in trouble and we know you're just protecting your siblings but me and Jungkook can do that okay?"

"I was just like you y'know. So angry at everyone and at everything. I missed out on a lot of great opportunities, I almost messed up the chance if having this beautiful family. I want you to think about that and when you're ready I want to work with you to help you drop that anger." Jungkook spoke softly as Jungtae nodded.

"Guk, Areum get in here." Taehyung shouted and the two entered the room. "Now that we have that sorted all 3 of you are grounded. You two for letting your brother do this and not tell us and Jungtae I think you know why."

There were no arguments on the punishment but Jungtae knew it was all worth it when his sister gave him the biggest hug and the brightest smile. One that he had grown to miss although he would never admit that

OMG THIS IS SO LOOOOONG

But I was having a major writers block and I managed to break it my business lesson and it was so frustrating because I was on a roll and I was doing well on writing this but then it was home time and I lost my pace 😭🙈anyway I love you guys so so so much~! Have a great day/night my cuties uwu