16

Jacobs POV

As soon as I heard the gunshot I grabbed Layla who was next to me and ran back inside of the house and went to the bathroom while locking the door. I didn't see much but I did mostly hear screams. I saw dad get mum to safety and that was it. I don't even know if everyone else is alright.

"What just happened? Who would do that? What if someone got hurt? Oh god I hope they're all okay. What if they're not okay Jacob? Then what? Oh god oh god oh god."

Layla's panicking really wasn't helping me try to think that everyone was okay. I felt her panic fill the room and it was swarming around me. I took a deep breath.

"They'll be okay, they will. We just have to wait here for the time being."

"You sure?"

"I'm not sure but I can hope." I sat down on the floor with my back to the door. After a couple of minuets she decided to join me on the floor while putting her head on my shoulder. We could be in here for hours or even a couple of minuets but that was still to long to wait. I just wanted to know that everyone was okay and no one is hurt.

"Okay, I'll do that to. I'll hope for the best."

"Now we just need to fill the time."

"Well there is something that I want to tell you."

"The last time you told me something it wasn't good."

"I know it's not but this is good well it is for me anyway, it depends how you want to see it."

"Hmmmm."

"And you'll be the second to know."

"Why? Who else knows?"

"Mum knows, she knows everything and I wanted to speak to someone about it."

"Well at least I can brag to everyone else that I knew before them."

"Well that's the other thing, I kind of want you to keep it a secret for a little bit longer until I can tell them all and since this incident that might take a while but I'll tell you to fill the time."

"Okay, I'll try my best."

"So, you know how Caleb came around the other day, we'll have been spending a couple of weeks with him and I really like him, and I thinks he really likes me as well."

"I know."

"What do you mean you know? How do you know? And why aren't your freaking out like I thought you would be?"

"After he left I know how happy you'll were. We all noticed it and obviously with what happened we wanted to make sure that nothing happened so we each took turns listening outside your door and well you seemed happy and that's all we want if for you to be happy and to be safe and if he makes you happy then so be it. But I swear if he hurts you even a little bit."

"I know.... now we need to speak about you spying on me."

Before she could finish having a go at me my phone went off with a notification as well as her phone. I took my phone out and it had two messages. One from dad saying him and mum were fine and the other from Isaac saying that him and Laura was fine.

That only left Alex and Micheal who we haven't heard from or even knew if they were okay. I messaged them saying that me and Layla were okay and we were in the bathroom. We didn't know if it was safe to go out yet so we were just going to stay inside and hope that Alex and Micheal message soon and pray that nothing had happened to them And they're safe and fine.