Chapter 25

"Camila." I heard my name being called for the 3rd time. I tried to reply back to tell them I was here, but I couldn't project my voice. Nothing came out.

I was surrounded by complete darkness I felt so numb. I couldn't feel myself it was like I was just thin air. I don't understand what was going on.

"Camila please" it was a faint sob. The voice was so familiar. "I'm sorry Camz please just wake up" I am awake? Where  am I? I saw a faint light out in the distance. "Camz" Lauren? The light was getting closer. I heard another sob but it was further away.

The light was bright drawing my attention. "Camz no please just wake up." I heard her again. "I need you Camila. I'm sorry" why is she apologizing? I am confused all I know is that the light I see is grabbing my attention. I was getting closer and closer to it. "Camila I love you." The light stopped moving forward. "I love you and all your insecurities. All of them." It was fading slowly. "I've never loved anyone like I love you. Your are everything to me Camz." She was closer now. "I remember how your smile could be enough to cause butterflies go insane in my stomach and you just looking at me made my heart flutter like crazy." She was so close.  "And I just love you and all your little things."  My eyes shot open.

----

*Lauren's POV*

I sat out side the room, waiting patiently. As soon as she opened her eyes I shot up like a bullet. She had been in a coma for a week and a half. The doctors had said that she had taken almost a whole bottle of pills.

I still can't erase the image of her small body lying unconscious on the floor. I entered in so much panic I couldn't inform the lady on the emergency line what had happened but minutes later Camz was being rushed to the hospital.

I couldn't stop blaming myself for it. If I hadn't overreacted maybe it wouldn't of happened. I had spent that entire night at the hospital beside her mom. The small woman sobbing. I had skipped school for two days our friends being informed the day after it had happened.

I had been more than worried, the guilt unbearable. I had cried so much to the point I threw up and couldn't breathe. I still couldn't understand why she thought that was the best option available.

Just then the doctor came out I stood up straight. "How is she?" I asked. "She is better. She's been asking for..Lauren?" She said raising an eyebrow. "That would be me. Is it okay if I go in to see her?" She nodded "Did you contact her mother?" I nodded. She opened the door and motioned me to go in. I rushed in.

She was sitting up, her eyes closed. I stood beside her bed and took her hand in mine. Her eyes immediately shot open showing her brown eyes, the ones I've missed.

"Lauren" she whispered. "Yeah Camz?" I asked softly. She swallowed and licked her dry lips. "Why-why am I here?" Her voice was raspy. I sat down in the chair beside her bed. "Camz" I took a deep breath. "You, you tired to kill yourself." She stayed quiet and looked at the wall in front of her. I saw a single tear roll down her cheek. "Camz, don't cry please." I wiped it away with the pad of my thumb.

"Why? Why didn't it happen?" She said finally looking at me. "Why am I still alive?" "I want to be dead Lauren!" My mouth dropped slightly at her words. "You- you don't mean that." I said tears threatening to fall. "I do Lauren. I do. I don't know why the hell I'm here. I'm no good. I only bring sorrow to everyone. I'm so useless I disgust myself." More tears fell down her face.

"Camz, please stop," my voice cracked. "Seeing you like this hurts Camz. I can't bare to know that you are in this much pain. To the point you want to end your life. Camz I love you. I'd do anything to take this away." I was now crying. " I wish you could see the intelligent amazing beautiful girl I see. I love all of you baby. Every single part of you. There is nothing. Nothing that I would dislike about you."  She looked down at her arms. The scars clearly in view.  She shook her head. "I'm sorry Lauren." She managed to get out before she broke into sobs.

Seeing her like this reminded why I wanted to get help for her. And that reminded me that it could mean her hating me. I felt my heart break at the thought. Causing me to reach over to embrace her. Knowing that this might be the last time.

I kissed her forehead, letting her sob in my arms. Tears of my own falling too. "No baby I'm sorry." She looked up at me confused. Just then her mom walked in making my heart jump out of my chest. "I love you Camila that's the reason for everything." I whispered as her mom approached us taking Camila in her own arms. 

*A/N*
Scratch the part that says it'd be mostly Camila's POV. its turning differently then I expected. Hope you enjoyed it- Mary