Our Way Home

"Nya," Aika yawned, sitting up on the floor. "Ah, I slept good," she turned her head and saw everyone except Catnip sitting at the dinning room table, food spread on it. Catnip was sleeping with her head on Aika's lap. "FOOD!" Aika said after realizing she was already awake. She got up quickly forgetting Catnip and rushed to the table.

Catnip woke up with a start when her head hit the ground. "Ow!" she screamed.

"Sowwy," Aika mumbled already eating.

"I wish there was a morning when nobody woke up screaming," sighed Kimiko. The boys nodded and Aika grinned, still stuffing her face.

They ate breakfast, cleaned the place up, and then it was time to leave the beach. They had boarded the wagon they'd used to get to the beach and headed home of course, inside the thing. It was a complete mess. Aika was complaining that she was hungry, Kimiko was switching from telling Aika to shut up and talking to Yato. Catnip was drinking and talking to Zach. The sisters were talking to each other and Sanji was huddled in a corner annoyed.

"God, doesn't she ever stop?" Sanji muttered.

"Aika, please shut up!" Kimiko said for the hundredth time.

"Why? It's not my fault that I'm hun-" Aika started but Kimiko covered her mouth with her hand.

"Yeah, yeah we know you're hungry so-"

Aika removed Kimiko's hand and yelled "I'M HUNGRY!! If you don't feed me I'm gonna become a cannibal."

"Oh for Christ's sake" Kimiko said exasperated.

Before she could say anything else, there was a noise outside of the wagon and it stopped. There was a minute of silence as the group listened for something else. They heard nothing but the wagon didn't start moving again.

"That's wie-" Sanji started. But then the wagon blew up.

"Goddammit! Why does it always happen to us?!?!?" Natasha screamed, flying through the air and landing on a tree. Aika landed on her stomach and Nicollete landed on her. The others landed spread out across the forest.

"What the fuck was that?!" Catnip said, who recovered her breath the quickest.

Kimiko had crashed against a tree trunk and sunk to the ground. "I-I don't know," she panted.

Sanji landed on his feet crouched. He was about to stand up and speak but Yato crashed into him, knocking him down. Nicollete got off Aika, stood up and brushed the dirt off her. She looked around and saw figures in the shadows of the trees. "Guys..." she said. They all looked and saw the figures. They readied themselves for a fight. The figures started getting closer and closer.

Before the first one could get out of the shadows, Natasha shrieked "HEY! Get me down from here..." The figures stopped abruptly. Nicolette sighed and walked over to Natasha's tree.

"I'm coming," Yato offered to help so he followed Nicolette over.

Before the men could recover from the awkward moment, Catnip launched herself at them and the bodies started dropping. Aika joined in too. She killed a man, then sliced a piece of meat from him. She turned and exclaimed to Sanji, "Cook me this!''

He looked at her disgusted. "What the?!"

''Go on," she told him. He refused and Aika kept insisting.

Kimiko had started fighting a little way off, half-heartily. "Why do people keep frigging fighting us? Why, why? I just want peace," she whined quietly. She cut someone's leg off and made them drop to the ground. Then she stabbed him in the shoulder. She felt someone get near her, and was about to turn around and slash them, but her sword was stuck in the man's shoulder. She twisted it, trying to loosen it but it only made the man shriek. "God dammit!'' she yelled. She prepared to duck but someone pressed into her, and she heard a yell behind her. She finally dislodged her sword and turned around to see Yato standing there, a body laying on the ground in front. She stared at him. "Uh... What're are you doing here? I thought you were with Nicolette... I mean, thank you, but..''