chapter 1

How you fell for him.

I met Steve Randle when I was 14 years old because of my best friend Sodapop Curtis. I was new in town and at school, unfamiliar where all my classes or cafeteria was so on my first day when I was looking for my math class I bumped into Soda in the hall making my stuff slip out of my hand and onto the ground. He helped me pick up my books and a few papers I had and handed them to me. He picked up my schedule and examined it before asking, "are you new around here?" I shyly nodded and adjusted my grip on my books. "I can show you to your next class since we have that together?" He offered. "Really?" He nods his head, "Of course." He says. "Oh, well thank you!" I say and we start walking to that class. "I'm Sodapop by the way, you can call me Soda though." He tells me. "That's a cool name! I'm y/n." I reply. "That's a pretty name!" I giggle and we continue walking.

When we walked in, we still had a few minutes before class started so he introduced me to some boy. He sure was cute with his jean vest and how his hair was in complicated but cool swirls. "Steve, " Soda taps the boy on the shoulder and he turns around. "Hey, Soda!" He greets him. "Who's this?" He asks pointing to me. I avoid eye contact and look around the classroom. "This is y/n, she's new around here." He informs him. The boy nods his head and puts his hand out for me to shake it. He smiles and says, "I'm Steve." I take his hand and shake it, "I'm y/n, " I say back to him.

"She got the same classes as you." Soda says and Steve and I give him a confused look. "Can I see your schedule?" Steve asks politely. I nodded my head and handed it to him. He looks at it and says, "wow, we really do!" And he hands it back to me. "Oh, " is all I have to say. "Now you can show her to her classes, " Soda suggests then continues saying, "and you'll have two friends y/n." I nod my head slightly, nice to know I already have friends and I haven't even been here that long. "Yeah, I don't mind, we can introduce you to the gang too," Steve tells me and I give him a confused look since I have no idea who's in their gang or that they have one.

"Don't worry, we don't go around fighting or anything." Soda reassures me, "we can introduce you to most of them but probably not Dal because he barely shows up to school." "Okay, when can I meet them?" I ask. "Probably at lunch." Steve answers. After that, the bell rings so I have to go to the teacher to get a seat and she puts me in front of Steve. In the middle of the class a small paper airplane flys on my desk with a note on it. I look around the classroom and see Steve glance at me but quickly goes to writing something on his worksheet.

Wanna hang out after school?
-steve

I write down a reply and give it back to him when the teacher looks away and it doesn't take long for me to get the paperback to me. I agreed on hanging out with him after school.

Okay, meet at the DX after school. Soda and I and a few others will be there as well.

I turn around and give him a smile then nod and get back to work. At the end of class, I walk out to the hall and wait next to the door for Soda and Steve to come out. They take a minute since every kid was rushing out the door but they finally come out. "I'll see you at lunch y/n, bye!" Soda says before he heads to his next class. "Bye!" I yell back at him before he's too far. "So..." I begin and try to start a conversation. "Our class is this way, follow me," Steve tells me before grabbing my hand and leading me into the crowd of students. I slightly blush when he grabs my hand.

We get to the class and drops my hand and opens the door for me, what a gentleman but I kinda wish he didn't let go of my hand... Anyways, we apparently don't have any assigned seats in this class so I sit beside him and a table. Steve and I start chatting until some boy comes to our table, I have no clue who he is but Steve gives him a mean look. "What do you, Randy?" He growls at him but he seems to ignore the question and looks at me. "Hi, I'm Randy, are you new here?" He asks. I open my mouth to answer him but Steve answers for me. "Yes, she's new here now get lost." He snaps at Randy. "Let the pretty lady answer Steve." I blush a little from his comment and look away. "I'm y/n, it's my first day here," I mumble. "Well, nice to meet you. You should come to meet some of my friends at lunch?" Randy suggests, I just shrug and he walks away.