Chapter 4

Loki trudged up the deep snow of the north mountain, far away from his kingdom of Asgard. The wind blew harshly, ruffling his cape and blowing the little strands of his hair that had come out of his bun. He sighed, beginning to sing, something that helped him when he was stressed.

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight, not a footprint to be seen...

A kingdom of isolation, and it looks like I'm the king.

The wind is howling like the swirling storm inside,

Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I tried.

Don't let them in, don't let them see, be the good boy you always had to be

Conceal don't feel, don't let them know

Well now they know!

He tore off his other glove, throwing it into the wind and beginning to experiment with his powers.

Let it go, let it go

Can't hold it back anymore

He created a little snowman with his powers, something that he and Thor used to build when they were little.

Let it go, let it go

Turn away and slam the door

I don't care what they're going to say

Let the storm rage on

The cold never bothered me anyway

He unclasped his cape, letting the storm blow it far off into the distance as he walked closer to the snowy cliff not too far away.

It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small

And the fears that once controlled me can't get to me at all!

It's time to see what I can do, to test the limits and break through

No right no wrong, no rules for me

I'm free!

He created the frosty beginnings of a staircase, cautiously stepping onto it. When he did, the frost cleared, revealing pure, strong ice underneath. He began to run up them, creating more as he went.

Let it go, let it go

I am one with the wind and sky

Let it go, let it go

You'll never see me cry

He slammed his foot into the snow, creating an enormous snowflake pattern, the beginnings of a floor.

Here I stand and here I'll stay

Let the storm rage on...

Lifting his hands, he summoned the rest of the castle out of the ground, building the icy walls up around himself. He twirled his hand towards the ceiling, shards of ice forming a chandelier above him.

My power flurries through the air into the ground

My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around

And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast

He took his crown out of his hair, tossing it aside.

I'm never going back

The past is in the past!

Let it go, let it go

And I'll rise like the break of dawn

Let it go, let it go

That perfect boy is gone

He twirled his hand once more, turning his outfit into one made of ice, with light blue pants and a partially open shirt, the collar popped up, and white boots. He took his hair down, ruffling it into its natural look. As he walked towards his balcony he waved his hands behind him, creating a silky, transparent cape with icy designs on it.

Here I stand in the light of day!

The rising sun illuminated his castle perfectly, glistening off the ice and making his new outfit shimmer.

Let the storm rage on!

The cold never bothered me anyway.

He turned, slamming the door behind him as he retreated back into his icy fortress, his new home that he made. He was never going back to Asgard. He didn't belong there anyway.

Kind of a short one but WHO CARES Loki sang let it go

-Grace ♥️