Chapter 10

*Credit to the artist, I don't know who it is*

Back in the study, it was getting colder by the minute, and Thor was slowly freezing to death with each passing tick of the clock. Suddenly the door handle rattled, then opened, Olaf stumbling in, giggling.

"They really should have keys around here..." he said, then spotted Thor laying on the floor. "Oh no! Thor, are you alright?" Thor struggled to sit up, pulling the blanket around him.

"No... Olaf, I need to get to Loki... but he's up in the mountains..." Olaf struck a match, lighting the fire again.

"Yeah, that will be a problem..."

"Olaf, you'll melt! Get away from there!" Thor said, trying to get the snowman away from the fire.

"Some people are worth melting for," he said with a smile. His snow then started to drip, and he pushed it back together. "Just maybe not right this second!" the window suddenly burst open with the force of the wind, and Olaf rushed over to close it. He paused however, breaking off an icicle and looking through it, gasping in delight.

"Thor! Valkyrie's coming back!" Thor perked up, trying to stand.

"Get me to her. She can take me to Loki." Olaf nodded, helping Thor to the door. It wouldn't open however, frozen shut from the other side. Thor pointed to the window, and the two of them slid down the icy roof to the ground, the wind blowing furiously. Olaf hit another bump in the snow, causing him to change direction again.

"Get to Valkyrie!" he yelled through the wind. Thor stood, trying to get through the snow to where his friend was riding towards him.

Meanwhile, Loki was trying to see through the blizzard as well, struggling to get to the mountains to escape. He saw Jane however, preparing to fight.

"Please," he shouted, "Just spare Thor's life! Take mine instead!"

"Thor?" she scoffed, yelling back to him, "Your brother returned from the mountain cold and pale! His hair was white, his skin was covered in frost! He said that you froze his heart!" Loki looked at her in disbelief.

"What are you saying?"

"Your brother is dead, your majesty! Because of you!" Loki's heart nearly stopped at that.

"No... Thor..." he turned, dropping to his knees. The moment he did, the storm froze, the wind receding and the snow pausing in midair. His tears dripped onto the ice, and Jane advanced behind him, drawing her sword.

Several yards away, Thor was trying to walk to Valkyrie, who had gotten off Sven, and was running to her friend. Thor looked at his hands, and saw that ice was beginning to form on them. He heard a noise from behind him and turned to see Loki kneeling on the ice, Jane behind him preparing to strike him down. He took one last look at Valkyrie, smiling sadly at her, and ran to where his brother was, placing himself in front of him at the last minute as Jane's sword came down. His body froze solid as her sword hit his fingers, shattering the metal and knocking her backwards. Loki looked up to see what happened, and saw the frozen body of his brother.

"Thor!" he yelled, standing up and facing the statue. He hesitantly put his hands up to his brother's face, stroking the ice. "No... no..." he muttered, tears spilling out of his eyes. He threw himself onto the statue, hugging it tightly, his body shaking with sobs. Valkyrie finally arrived, Sven not far behind her. Her shoulders dropped as she saw her friend, frozen solid. Olaf arrived as well, standing next to Valkyrie. Loki looked back into Thor's icy eyes, placing his forehead against his brother's. Slowly, he pressed his warm lips against his brother's icy ones, feeling them stick for a moment when he pulled away. He hugged the statue again, still crying. Yet, after a moment, Thor began to slowly unfreeze, starting from his chest and circling outwards. The ice disappeared, and Valkyrie smiled, Sven making a happy noise as Olaf gasped happily. Thor lowered his arm, taking a breath of cold air, and Loki looked up to see him. He stood to face him, smiling through his tears.