Chapter 5

01:30

Zoey pulled her weak body forward, dragging it through the dirt. She whimpered- an attempted scream, but it didn't matter. No one could hear her.

She continued forward though. She must find one of the girls.

Her life depended on it.

***

Cameron panted. He desperately tried to keep up with Mike. It wasn't too much avail however, he was way behind.

Looking back he was pretty certain no one was following them, but he couldn't be too sure, and anyway, Mike was still running so he knew he better too, even if he didn't see much point in staying along the beach.

'Mike!' He yelled, out of breath he hunched over.

'Cameron?' He asked. 'Everything okay?'

Cameron nodded. 'Just a little out of breath that's all.'

Mike nodded and took his arm. 'Come on, we need to go.'

'Mike...' He panted.

'Yeah?'

'I think we should go through the woods. Look for the others.' The nerd explained.

The taller boy nodded. 'Course.' He slapped his forehead. 'What was I thinking? Let's go.'

The two made a beeline for the woods and they started jogging again, Mike wanted to shout out names, but Cameron knew that if there was a murderer about, it was definitely best to stay silent.

***

Zoey forced her broken body up. She was bruised all over, but it didn't matter, she had to find help.

One step at a time.

She heard something and she quickly looked around. It was a voice. A male voice. She had to stop herself from screaming and jumping when she saw two guys! One was shorter and wearing glasses, the other tall and more handsome. She blushed a little.

'Hey!' She called out.

Both guys immediately turned to each other.

'You think it's safe?' Mike whispered.

Cameron nodded. 'Look at her body, she must be a victim like us.'

They quickly jogged over.

'Hi.' She smiled. 'I'm Zoey.'

'Cameron.'

'I'm Mike.' He smiled, the two stared at each other smiling but Cameron quickly jumped between them.

'Hi, Zoey, very nice to meet you but we're in serious danger.' Cameron said. 'Like, we're probably being chased by a serial killer.'

Zoey's brow furrowed. 'A w-what?'

Cameron nodded and grabbed her arm. 'We need to go.'

'I can't!' She explained. 'Look at me!'

Mike quickly picked her up and placed her on his back. 'Let's go.' He said, and Cameron followed.

***

The three didn't make it very far when they heard something.

Cameron's eyes went wide and his body tensed up. 'Footsteps!' He exclaimed.

Mike went stiff but he quickly regained his thoughts and he started sprinting. It was harder with the person on his back, but all his adrenaline made him race ahead. Zoey nervously held onto him and the two ran off.

Cameron hid.

Cameron ducked behind a tree and he pulled his small frame in. He heard footsteps and he glanced at the killer, his eyes going wide. He noticed the knife and he tried to pull away but he was quickly grabbed and slammed against a tree. The murderer took out their knife and shoved it into his neck. Cameron spat his blood away but he soon fell limp. The murderer dropped the bloody mess of a corpse on the ground. And they continued their prowl.

Here is a long overdue Chapter 5! I'll be updating soon just got a lot going on right now (I know, excuses!) But anywho I will try to update ASAP!

Enjoy xxx