Chapter 12

02:44

Dakota kept running, out of breath, following Zoey. The redhead looked awful, but she still managed to outrun her. Neither of them were too sure how far back B was too catching them.

'How do you know there's a way up from here?' Zoey asked, running a few strides ahead.

'I don't.' She told her honestly. 'But it's the best chance we have.'

Zoey nodded as they sprinted ahead.

It didn't take too long for them to pull ahead and out of the forest behind them. They came to a slight beach, but there wasn't as much sand on this side of the island.

'Split up.' Dakota hissed.

Zoey nodded and they both ran off in other directions to find their way off the living hell they'd woken up in.

Zoey scaled the side of the island around, desperately seeking her refuge.

She smiled.

Zoey had found it. A small canoe. It wasn't much, but it was a way out. She looked back having to decide what to do. Tell Dakota and risk finding B? Or run. Just like what Mike had told her to do.

She ran. To save Dakota. She couldn't leave her; they were in this together. Zoey dashed along the edge.

She saw a female figure in the distance, and she yelled. 'Dakota!'

Dakota turned around to face her and she started running. Zoey started backing away to join her when she collided with a wall. Turning around quickly Zoey came face to face with B.

Dakota turned around, and she sprinted to where she heard Zoey yell. Dakota started running but she came to an abrupt stop at the sight of B grapping Zoey by the neck. She was being strangled. Dakota didn't know what she was doing, but she slammed into the thick guy who didn't budge, instead hitting her away with the back of his hand. Zoey used this distraction to claw into B's arm, and he dropped her.

B pulled his knife out and he grabbed Zoey who knocked it out of his hand, which Dakota swiftly picked up. B grabbed Zoey and held her in front of him.

Dakota raised her knife.

'Move and I kill her.' B warned.

Dakota took a step closer and B started gripping tighter.

'Don't play with me girl.'

She launched the knife at him.

B tried moving out of the way, and he grabbed Zoey's neck, snapping it in the process. B fell on the ground, gripping his shoulder as Dakota strolled up to him, frowning.

He looked up at her. 'What now?' He asked.

'You didn't need to kill her.' She said. As she took hold of the knife. She pulled it out and stared at him. She didn't say anything as she slammed it into his neck. He fell to the beach. He was dead.

It was finally over.

I've Published Number 3!