Chapter 10

02:35

B sneered as he yanked his knife out of Dawn's chest. The girl plummeted onto the ground into an unnatural position, her eyes wide open out of shock. B turned and smiled, facing the two people opposite him. 'Run.' He whispered. Neither of them needed to be told twice as they dashed into the woods. B hot on their trails.

Dakota sprinted. Getting more out of breath by the second. She didn't know how long she'd been running, but she was starting to become winded. Running down she found herself on the edge of a steep hill. Looking back, she heard deep breathing behind her. Without a second thought Dakota dove down, she fell rolling along, grazing her skin. But it didn't matter to her. She pulled herself up and carried on running.

Scott sprinted along. He assumed he was running faster then Dakota. She didn't seem the type to be able to move too quickly. The ginger man dashed as far as he could, jumping over roots and ducking underneath foliage. He sprinted until a rogue stump tripped him, and he fell hard to the ground. He heard something near by him and he fell onto the ground. He heard something and he forced himself up.

Dakota hunched over, and she clamped her hand over her mouth. She held her breath as a heavy figure stomped past her. She held her breath in as he snarled, walking past her. B moved around, and she peered over. B moved along, and she steadily got up, gently following him. He moved forward, and she gently hopped behind a tree. She knew he would find her, and at least this way, she had the advantage of knowing where he was too.

Scott darted along, running between trees. He nervously looked around, trying to remember the way back to the beach, but he kept running around in a circle. He heard a crunch and his head darted up. B smiled at him and Scott started running, but the man had surprisingly good speed. He easily caught up to Scott, shoving him to the ground. Scott struggled getting up but the man held him down.

Scott screamed out in pain as B pushed the knife into his back, he writhed and cried but it did no good, and Dakota watched him die.

'It's a shame.' B said, pulling his knife out. 'I thought you'd be smart enough not to follow me.'

Dakota went cold and as quietly as she could she started backing away.

'You've seen how fast I can be.' B told her. 'There's no need to run.'

She ignored him and darted off, but like he told her, B was faster ad quickly caught up to her. He grabbed her back and pulled her hair down to the ground where she fell.

'What are you going to do?' She spat. 'Kill me?'

The man snarled. 'Not yet. There's something we need to do first.'

He grasped her and started dragging her along, to where, she did not know.