Chapter 6

02:01

Scott crossed his arms, studying the dead bodies. He could tell the bodies were male, and that they'd been stabbed. He knew this because secretly he wanted to be a coroner. He couldn't tell his family though, he was expected to work on the farm like his older brothers. Scott could also tell the bodies had only been there for a few months by the amount they'd decayed.

He folded his arms. He didn't have any way to tell the time but it had felt like the two guys had been gone long enough. A wave of fear fell over him, but he quickly shook it off. There's no way he'd die here.

Standing up, Scott left and he made his way to one of the cabins, unsure as to who was in it. He slowly made his way inside and he felt a wave of relief when B was fine. Albeit on his knees looking underneath a bed.

'Found anything?' Scott asked him, his arms folded.

B shook his head.

'We should probably go check on Brick.'

B nodded and walked past Scott, the two leaving the room. Scott turned back and he noticed something under the bed B wasn't looking at. He quickly dove down seeing a locket. He pocketed it and swiftly ran to catch up with B. The bigger guy didn't react to him and the two entered the other cabin. Surprisingly it was empty.

'Oh.' Scott said, he looked over at B who raised his arms in uncertainty. Quickly leaving, the two looked around the outside of the cabin. B went ahead and his eyes went wide as he quickly pointed. Scott went to join him.

Brick was lying on the ground. His neck open.

Scott grabbed B. 'We need to go.'

***

'I hope the others are okay.' Dawn whispered to Dakota.

Dakota nodded, holding away some foliage for the mousy girl. 'I'm sure they are. Staci and Anne Maria were together after all.'

Dawn didn't seem sure, but she didn't say anything. They walked through some more wood when Dakota came to a stop.

'What is it?' Dawn asked.

'Buildings.' Dakota whispered.

Dawn moved forward and glanced at the buildings. It was a campsite and it seemed very run down. She heard voices and she grasped onto Dakota's arm.

'Voices.' She whispered.