Introduction

Lily Bennet, the spotted girl. Yep that's me. I have white skin with spots of brown skin. It's called 'vitiligo'. But that's not the only reason people avoid me. I have a right blue eye and a left dark green eye. Sometimes I go through the streets as people quickly move away or push me down, calling me names like 'freak'. Where are my parents during this you ask? They were so disappointed, they left me in an alleyway.

Luckily, there was a nice kid with a disfigured face who took care of me. I'm 14 now and she's an adult. She's always been like a mother to me and even with how people treat her, she still remains kind and caring. She would wear a cloak as I didn't understand. I always told her she should be proud of being unique even if others disagreed.

On most days, I would have to be the one to go out and get food which I didn't mind. I got to go out in the night and look at the stars. I never really shopper during the day because of all the people, but today was an acception. My adoptive mother even came. While making our rounds through the market, we saw a young boy walk up to a bread stand.

He reached out and snatched the bread then tried running. The owner ran inside as Adoptive Mother took me by the hand as we slowly followed the boy to an alleyway. We saw the owner fight to get the bread back then tossed him down, making the young boy let go. He went back into the store as I looked at Mother. She nodded with a smile as we walked over. I knelt down and held out and apple and a bread loaf for him with a kind smile. He took them and looked back from me to Mother. I waved and started walking away with her as the young boy watched us in shock and wonder.

What I didn't know is that I would see him in my life once again.