Jenny Lind

~~~~~^_^~~~~

Here we are in Buckingham Palace with a servant leading us to her highness. "Why are we in tails?" W.D. whispered as we quickly followed behind the servant. "We're the entertainment." I informed him. "Don't see you in a costume." Lettie said as Phillip gestured us to stop. Lily nervously messed with the hem of her tank top so I gently rubbed her back. "It'll be alright." I whispered softly as she gave a small nod. "Your majesty, Mr. Phineas T. Barnum and his...obsitives from America." The announcer said and stepped aside.

We began to walk in as everyone started to whisper and gasp at the group. Lilly moved back and went beside Anne as Anne wrapped an arm around her to try and comfort her. We kept walking until we stopped in front of the Queen. "Your majesty, may I present Mr. Barnum." Phillip said and gestured to me. "The honor is mine, Mr. Barnum." She said as I bowed my head. "And I've heard all about your little Colonel from my friends in America." She said as Charles came out from behind Phillip.

"General, ma'am." He said with a proud smile. "You're even smaller than I imagine." She said as Lily slightly flinched at that. "Well, you're not exactly reaching the top shelf yourself, sweetheart." Charles shot back as everyone gasped. I looked at him then the Queen as I thought we were in for it now, but that was discarded as she started laughing. Others started laughing with her as me and the group started to laugh as well for no apparent reason but to fit in with the crowd.

After a while of talking, the group and I went to our own corner as Anne was braiding Lily's hair. I grabbed two champagne glasses from a servant walking by, bowing my head. "Ah, that went well." I said and held Phillip's glass to him as he was busy looking over at the girls, but staring at Anne. Lily must have been feeling insecure as she was now wearing W.D.'s cape to cover herself. "Phillip." I said, pulling him out of thought as we face the entrance.

"Your majesty, Miss Jenny Lind." The announcer said as a beautiful woman walked in. "Who's that?" I asked curiously. "The opera singer." He informed as I started to get another idea. "Singer?" I asked, wanting more information on her. "She's the most famous singer in all of Europe. She's sold out the Scala a dozen times. Not to mention the French Opera." He said as we watched her bow before the Queen. I smiled with my idea and gently took him and started walking forward with him.

"What are you doing?" He asked with slight confusion. "Following you so you can introduce me to Miss Lind." I said as Jenny bowed again. "Introduce you? I don't know-" "Everybody knows. You just said so yourself." I said, cutting him off. "Yeah, exactly. You don't march up to someone-" "I know. You're a person, she's a person." I said as Jenny turned to us. "Miss Lind. My name is Phillip Carlyle." He said and kissed her hand as I nudged him. "And this extraordinary gentleman next to me-" "Phineas Taylor Barnum. The pleasure's mine." I said and kiss her hand as well.

"Of course. You're the American. I believe I might've heard of you." She said as I was a bit surprised. "Oh, well, if you've heard of me all the way over here, I must be doing something right." I said with a smile. "That, or something very wrong." She said as I was hoping that wasn't the reason. "Well, in the world of publicity, there's hardly a difference." I said with a smile. "I believe those are the words of a scoundrel, Mr. Barnum." She said as I didn't like that wording.

"A showman, Miss Lind. Just a showman, the best on my side of the Atlantic." I said as she gave a smile. "Well, if you do say so yourself." She said as I smiled. "I do, but I don't have to." I said and gave Phillip a gentle nudge without her seeing. "Oh, uh, no. No, he is one of the best." He said as I smiled. "That's very kind of you. Miss Lind, let me get to the point. I'd like to bring you to New York. And if you agree, I'll make you the most famous singer not in Europe, but in the entire world." I said as she seemed to think.