Chapter 5 - Bittersweet

I couldn't believe that I was actually here with Geralt. Even now holding tightly to his massively muscular form it felt like a dream. I couldn't help the tears of relief that stung my eyes. Taking a deep breath, I breath him in, the scent of onions filling my nose making me chuckle.

"Do you smell like onions?" I ask as I pull away from him slightly, my arms still wrapped around him.

"Do I?" He asks a chuckle leaving his lips. "I think Jaskier might have mentioned it before."

"With all the leather you wear, I was expecting you to smell like that." I add playfully.

We stood there for a moment just holding each other and I could feel deep down that this was right. Like I was supposed to be here in his arms. I lean forward again and placing my head on his chest let out a sigh of contentment. His hand reaches up and I smile as I feel him run his fingers through my hair.

"I just have to ask you one thing..." I start pulling away again to meet his amber eyes. "What are you wearing? I mean did you lose a bet?" I joke as I pull away completely to look him up a down making him chuckle.

"It was Jaskier's idea, he bought my protection for tonight."

"Ah, has he been putting his sausage where it doesn't belong?" I ask and he nods. "Don't tell me you're actually gonna make him pay?"

"I'm still thinking on it." He replies looking down for a moment before his brow furrows. "I hate to ruin the mood... but why are you here, or more importantly, how did you get here?"

"Mood definitely ruined." I reply taking a step back as I remember why I'm here.

"(Name)," Geralt presses.

"As much as I want to say that I am here for you, I'm afraid I'd only be partly telling you the truth." I start my eyes looking back the way we came to see Thor and Wanda looking over at us. "When you were in Witcher training, did you ever hear about someone, who possibly shared a link with someone like we do?"

"I had heard of one such person," Geralt starts his brow furrowing slightly. "But he's been dead for years now."

"Thank god," I say quickly as I let out a sigh of relief.

"Why so curious?"

"You've heard me mention Hydra when you are visiting me in your dreams right?" I ask and he nods. "The mage I asked you about, apparently they shared a link with someone in Hydra and they were going to try to make their own Witchers. Naturally, I couldn't let that happen. But knowing that the mage is dead is enough for me and my coworkers."

"And how did you come here?" He asks and I fold my arms over my chest.

"A portal, one my friend was so kind enough to open."

"When will you go back?" He asks his brow furrowing.

"I should go back now," I answer honestly. "But..." licking my lips I reach up to run a hand through my hair. "Now that I've found you... I don't know if I want to go back."

"Oh?" He questions.

"I mean, I know I should. Especially since..." I pause as a picture of Bucky fills my mind. I couldn't bring myself to speak the words. I couldn't look Geralt in the eyes and say I had to go back because I cared for another man. I really needed to sort out these feelings of mine; but how do I that?

"The man..." Geralt starts, voicing my worries, "The one... the one I always see you with. Will you go back to him?"

"Geralt..." I pause not even sure what to say.