Chapter 18: Overprotective Father On Duty

Lucky Blue Smith is the cast for the mysterious new character, Devin Spencer! I used to imagine Colton Haynes as his faceclaim but over time, i eventually decided that Lucky Blue Smith was the one.

••••

His voice was calm and soothing, almost as if every word that comes out of his mouth would be comforting, but his tone hinted that he was playful and fun. It matched along smoothly with his features as well, but it only made Peter even more conflicted, because this man- who claimed to be Devin Spencer -didn't seem to be the type of person to beat someone up, unless he has a really, really good reason to.

"Who?" Peter broke the silence between all of them, a confused expression resting on his face.

"I'm Devin Spencer," he repeated himself, looking at everyone.

Silence occured again between all of them and for one of the times in Teresa's life, she felt uncomfortable with the silence and hoped that someone would break it soon. Teresa glanced at Jean, the redhead was narrowing her eyes at the new stranger in front of them and Teresa knew Jean was trying her best to read his mind. However, Teresa knew Jean was not able to when she stopped all of a sudden with a slightly frustrated look on her face. Peter noticed this as well and became more tense within the passing seconds, his anxiety slowly rising in him. In an attempt to comfort him, Teresa held Peter's hand into her hand. He gave her a thankful look while Warren went in front of Peter, his wings moving to show it off to Devin.

Devin looked at Warren and his wings, not feeling bothered at all with him. He only glanced at his wings with little interest, looking at it as if it was the most normal thing he has ever seen.

"Mr. Spencer, welcome to Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters," Charles's voice was heard around the school gate, causing the crowd to split into two to make way for the headmaster of the school. Erik's eyes widened when Charles offered a warm smile to Devin who gave a smile back to him. He made an attempt to push through the crowd and go after them to express some of his thoughts and emotions, but Hank who noticed this, held Erik back and gave him a warning look. "Erik, don't start an unnecessary fight," Hank said to him, pushing him back, not strong enough to make him fall but strong enough to . him stumble to the back a little.

Erik glared at him, anger and annoyance filling his eyes. "He's the one who beat my son up and you're demaning me not to fight with him? You have the nerve, Hank," he hissed at him. Hailey who overheard their conversation can't help but involve herself into the conversation by correcting him, "Until we can prove that he was the one who had beaten Peter up, you have absolutely no evidence to suggest that he was the one to do that. Even Peter is quite confused about all of this and he did not say anything about the silver haired mutant he had seen actually do anything to him, he strongly suggested that the silver haired mutant might because he is desperate for the truth and this mutant may be the key to answering every question Peter has in his mind about it all," she paused to look at Erik's face for a moment before finishing, "he's innocent until proven guilty."

Hailey received a glare from Erik and she rolled his eyes, looking away from him and muttering, "Everyone is always against the truth when they were told to their faces."

"He is attractive though," this caused Erik and Warren to give Elizabeth an annoyed look. "What? I'm just saying what my eyes are telling me. Besides, innocent until proven guilty."

She spoke the last part louder than she did with the other sentences. Warren ignored her and noticed something about this man. "He looks kind of like Peter," he remarked, feeling something strange in his stomach. Jean, who was still narrowing her eyes at Devin, made a remark of her own. "He looks more similar to Teresa than Peter."