Chapter 20: Acquaintances

"Are you two siblings by any chance?" That was the question Devin casually asked Teresa and Peter while they were showing Devin around the school. It made Teresa and Peter feel taken aback, and the silver-haired mutant turned to his younger sister with confusion in his eyes.

Peter communicated with Teresa through his eyes, asking her what they should do since this was the first time anyone ever asked them if they were siblings.

Teresa shook her head. "We are not siblings. Peter and i met at the school when i first came here. He and Warren showed me around the school just like what we are doing with you now, except i remember Warren doing all the work that time,"

Peter snorted in disagreement at that. "I offered to show you around the school with my superspeed. The kids love it, except after they actually experience it. The parents were always busy taking care of them afterwards," he snickered.

"And that's the reason why i politely declined the offer and didn't let you do it with Sofia too," she rolled her eyes.

"If i may ask, who is Sofia?" Devin questioned from behind the siblings.

"Sofia is a little girl who i came to the school with," Teresa responded back, glancing at Devin.

With that, Peter and Teresa continued the tour, although Peter was the one who did all the talking while Teresa kept her eye on Devin curiously. Devin didn't look particularly interested in what Peter had to say throughout the tour, but his eyes were still paying attention to the siblings. Teresa took note of how observant Devin is with them and she was more than convinced that he was like this as well when he was with Erik and the others.

Much to her embarrassment, Devin caught Teresa looking at him a couple of times, which made her look away, but she could always see him giving her a smile every time he caught her too.

Odd. That was what Teresa thought about Devin but she didn't say anything out loud. She didn't want to be thought as 'rude' to this new guest. It certainly won't be good for her image and it would be best to be in someone's favor rather than be on someone's murder list. However, Teresa's purpose to call someone odd isn't to offend him, but in her own perspective, she finds it as a compliment. She likes odd people– she finds them far more interesting than the ordinary mutants she associate with at the school or rather the mutants who are trying their best to be as ordinary as they possibly could.

"What did you and Charles talk about?" Teresa brought the question up in the most casual tone she could muster, and Peter's eyes widen.

He glanced at Teresa, wondering if she was crazy to openly ask Devin that question.

"Grown-up stuff," Devin shrugged. "If you want to know about it, you have to ask Charles."

"Why Charles? Couldn't we ask you about this? From the very source?" Teresa questioned, trying to get some sort of information out of Devin.

"You are not my children, which makes the both of you not my responsibility, but if i give you a piece of information that i shouldn't have and you two decide to do something reckless, i would be held responsible and get in trouble," he said.

Peter snorted, "How are you sure that we might do something reckless?"

"It would be insane for someone to think that the children of Magneto would never do anything reckless in their lives, especially when they are young," that response made the siblings freeze in their steps.

What–

Teresa and Peter narrowed their eyes at Devin, one out of curiosity and the other out of shock. However, Peter was quick to respond to him– too quick for Teresa's own liking.