Epilogue: Sunflower responds.

Hey, sun. How's heaven treating you?

I do miss your letters. A whole lot. And I do miss you. I miss your nervous conversations around school, How oblivious was I to not notice that you were right in front of me the whole time?

The day your news swarmed the hallways of our braindead school, I connected the dots- the words on that letter. Saying you were writing "for the last time". That hurt. A lot.

Let's rewind to the first time I got a letter from you, back in spring. It was a magical feeling knowing someone found me so captivating they decided to write about it. I will never forget the feeling of opening my locker to pen scribbles with so much meaning.

But then, when you started insulting my friends, I don't know what came over me. You were right, they are horrible people, I should've listened to you when you told me to get out of that hell hole the held me in.

I may have thrown away that letter but I read it so much I practically have it memorized, and that necklace. Oh, god. The necklace is my most prized possession. It is what I wore and continue to wear on every special occasion.

For example, the day I stood right in front of the principal's doorway and demanded he took the blame for not caring about a student, for abandoning this broken human who turned to him for help. He didn't really care that much, until I got the rest of the school in on the idea. We defended you. We defended your memory.

Those bullies? or my 'friends'. They're long gone now, so guilt tripped they disappeared from my sight...Or our sight. As I like to live my life for both you and I.

I sometimes imagine that your ghost is around me, that I'm never alone because you're right here.

I'll honor your memory, Sun. You can rest in peace.