Chapter 4 - Offu..

A/N: Ayoo sorry for the delay! This week had me crazy busy and I barely had enough time to work on it. Hopefully, this chapter would be worth the wait. Changing some things too. '...' means a timeskip or going in the future.  Also, if it's italicized, it means that specific character's thought. Or if it's bold, then that means emphasis for dramatic effect

ok enjoy the rest of the story

...

*Good grief..*

Saiki was ticked off. Just a few seconds ago, Teruhashi was on the verge of bursting into tears, but now she was as happy as someone could get. Was this really the girl that was just about to cry just a moment ago? It was scary how fast her mood changed. He has never seen someone go through mood swings that quickly, from happy to depressed, and then to overjoyed.

Just because he said he liked her.

*I meant it in a friendship way!* he reassured himself.

He was very content with the fact he did not like her. Romance was stupid to him anyways, it just reminds him of how lovey dovey his mom and dad were. He gagged just thinking of himself acting like that. He could never enjoy that.

What was going on with himself today anyways? He kept getting awkward around her and kept saying things to her that he usually doesn't. Maybe it was due to the fact that he can see her face for real now. He hates to admit it, but she did have a face that was more chiseled than anyone else. He can see why she gets the attention. Yes, that has to be it. Her looks on the outside had been manipulating him and causing him to act strangely.

I

don't

like

Teruhashi

Kokomi!

While Saiki was arguing with himself, Teruhashi was still beaming with joy.

Did Saiki seriously just say that? That bland and silent boy that you could never tell what he's thinking? She was just so happy, she had learned that Saiki in fact didn't hate her and he actually liked her. Now, this could be interpreted in two different ways. Either the romantic kind of like, or a friend like.

*Nah, no way, who wouldn't like a perfect pretty girl like me! He's finally submitting to me. Now, Saiki, let me hear the 'offu' you've been holding in all this time!* She thought cheerfully. Maybe after all this time of her continually trying to get Saiki, it had finally worked. Hard work really does pay off.

She was blushing like crazy. She couldn't just abandon this chance of getting Saiki to say 'offu'! She had to continue attacking before he could recompose himself. She approached Saiki steadily and stood right in front of him. Saiki flinched of the close distance that was now in between them, he had been lost in thought so he wasn't paying attention to what was happening right in front of him. If she moved any closer, she would be touching Saiki.

"..What are you doing?"

"Just getting a closer look at you. I mean, you already know how I feel, so I don't need a reason to hide it anymore, right?" She winked and had a sweet smile on her face.

Saiki's heart rate went up 100x at this point. His thoughts consisted of a bunch of jumbled words that basically meant this:

*she's too close.*

*she's annoying*

*kinda cute.. NO!*

Teruhashi could just tell that he was flustered. No matter how much he was trying to hide it. She had years of experience, after all, seeing boys falling for her was a daily thing for her. She just smiled again at this reaction. On the inside, however, she was totally freaking out. *YES! HE'S FINALLY GONNA SAY 'Offu' !!!* It took all of her energy to try to hide how she was feeling on the inside.