Chapter 2: Rabbit's Arrival

Bell Cranel, a name the boy had not used in many months as he had been going by either a made-up alias or his given alias, The Red Rabbit. Bell had spent a year after the death of his Shadow family, the group of assassins that worked together to assassinate the scum of the world only to be betrayed. The night of the betrayal was also the very same night when Bell gained the title The Red Rabbit for he had been a rabbit masked killer that slaughtered every guard and the noble within the castle, not even their ex-family member had been able to stop Bell when they finally came face to face. Bell was bathed in the crimson blood of his enemies that night.

After murdering them and retrieving his family's knives, each numbered he set off. Originally, Bell intended to look for six, the member of the shadow family before him who saw that night like a lost cause and run off into the night, though along the way Bell was sidetracked into dealing with specific types of people. His name as the Red Rabbit spread throughout the land as he became more popular for wearing a rabbit mask that would be covered in the blood of his enemies and for the two shining red eyes that glowed through his mask of the rabbit. Throughout the years he had gone to each safe house and collected the Valis in each, putting his budget quite high.

Bell had only just recently been contacted by a man named Fels, albeit in a less than a savory way for both parties. Bell was now set to secretly meet Fels in a cafe nearby, to discuss an offer that Fels had for Bell, as they had somehow figured out Bell's true name and that he was The Red Rabbit. Bell wasn't too bothered at his identity being discovered, if worse came to worse he would just wear a wig and contact lenses. Bell shrugged it off and picked up his deep red cloak, the signature body piece of the Red Rabbit, and turned the piece inside out so it was now blue instead of deep red. 

Bell the picked up the long black straps he had and connected them in his cloak through the thin lines he had added in to hold his knife holster. Bell had used a fair amount of his knives the previous night and as such was made to go out today and buy his throwing knives supply back. Bell then looked at his Rabbit mask the custom made thing he had ordered from a specific craftsman, reinforced with monster parts the mask was very sturdy and cost him a very large amount of money, not that he didn't have enough to spare. Bell picked the piece up and tied it to a thin string on his belt behind his waist before picking up the other knives he had.

On Bell's inn bed was six knives, each with a roman numeral on one side and the signature of Hephaestus on the other. Each of the knives once belonged to the now murdered members of his family, they were custom ordered by one, their leader and father figure. One had gone to Hephaestus herself and had them ordered and custom made with as high a quality as he could and the knives were damn near unbreakable. Bell placed his knife labeled VII on the back of his waist before placing the other five in one of the six chest places hidden under his easy split shirt, the only knife he didn't have was Six's and he hoped it would stay that way. 

Bell then left for the first floor of the inn after grabbing a backpack he kept with him and left some Valis on the counter before leaving. Bell then turned to the direction of the cafe, on three streets down and to the left. Bell set off to the cafe, the slightly tattered edges of his currently blue cloak swaying as he moved down the street. Bell arrived outside a small, single-story building named Bright'N'Early! and assumed this to be the cafe that Fels intended to use as their meeting point. Bel sighed as he entered the building, a small bell tingling as he walked through the glass-paned door, his eyes scanning the room. 

Despite the name, there were still a few people in here enjoying small meals and coffee. Bell looked around and then spotted a man in a black suit staring at him. The man had a lean build, not to much muscle yet not a small amount of muscle Bell could tell. The man motioned for Bell to come over with his head and Bell moved towards him. Bell arrived near him and took a seat. The man moved forward and stood directly behind Bell whispering, "Ask for Fels at the front counter, they will take you to him." Bell nodded and stood once again, moving to the front desk. Bell looked at the blonde receptionist behind the desk and said, "I'm here for Fels."