Prologue

I am Minato Arisato, a student from Gekkoukan High School. I was orphaned at age 6 in a accident which was my parents death. Suspended 33 times, expelled 9 times, tossed out by 12 families. I am normally quiet and sometimes I hear people talking about me, but I don't let it get on my nerves. I never really felt emotions and I remember that day when my parents died in that car crash. I stand strong with my teammates who are the S.E.E.S. We would go in a tower called "Tartarus" where we kill shadows in the Dark Hour.

I never felt much emotion and I only hanged out with my friends in the S.E.E.S. and my other friends at school to develop my arcanas with them. No one really helped me out and I had to support myself.

I walked home and I decided not to buy medicine from Paulownia Mall since I didn't feel like going to Tartarus tonight. It was also worse because I didn't study for my final exams so Mitsuru might be on me and I really couldn't be bothered to worry about it. I was very tired. I walked in Iwatodai Dormitory. When I walked inside no one was around which was odd because someone would be here like Junpei or Akihiko. I walked up the long depressing stairs and finally got to my dorm room. I opened the door, put my bag on the floor and took off my headphones to get changed. I went to the restroom and put some water on my face to waken up a bit.

Damn, the face of a person dead inside I thought to myself.

I went to my dorm and then got bored until I remembered something. My friend Stupei, Ace Defective, from the words of Yukari, said I should play Ahh...zuuurrr..Lan..e? I have no idea what the heck it was so I checked it out cause I had nothing to do. I installed the game and then I was warped into the so called world of Azur Lane. I then saw shipgirls around the place and I became the Commander with paper work I had to do.

I choose Laffey as a starter ship because she reminds me of how I am. I got mostly Eagle Union ships with my odd luck and sent them to do commissions which reminded me of how I had quests. The quests I had to do was for Elizabeth the Velvet Room assistant.

To kill some time I decided to clean my area since it was dusty as heck.

After a while of cleaning non stop I finished with my white uniform becoming dusty and looking grayish. I became even more tired. I then saw Long Island and Laffey passing by since I left my door open. Long Island's eyes were blue as well but like a lighter color and brown hair that was long, she appeared to wear some kind of uniform and no pants? I saw Laffey sleeping on the floor which was the entrance of my dorm.

 Long Island's eyes were blue as well but like a lighter color and brown hair that was long, she appeared to wear some kind of uniform and no pants? I saw Laffey sleeping on the floor which was the entrance of my dorm

Long Island: Cleaning up?

Minato: No duh, what else am I doing?

Long Island: Sorry, Commander I should've known, I just wanted to see if I could help in any way.

Minato: *Sigh* It's fine I guess, but can you tell me why Laffey is sleeping on the entrance of my dorm?

Long Island: Oh, don't worry about her.

She said her goodbyes and left. I returned to my office. It was two weeks. I lost track on how many cubes I used but jeez, it was a lot.

I had no idea who to make my Secretary because it had to be someone I could trust. But then I felt a slight tap on my shoulder. I turned around and it appeared to be a female with a black ponytail with a white bow tie that tied her hair and snowy white uniform with gold.

Minato: What do you want.

???: Are you the commander?

Minato: I mean I am the only male around here so I think it is very obvious and obscured to think that I wouldn't be the commander around here.

Takao: Oh sorry, I should've assumed. Anyway, my name is Takao, the first ship of the Takao-class heavy cruisers. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Minato: Well it's a pleasure to meet you too I guess. Also, can you call me Minato I don't know about this "Commander" thing anymore.

Takao: I understand, Minato.

I started to develop a bond with Takao as if she was part of the arcana I was told about by Igor. I hanged out more with Takao then the actual girls in my school since I was relatively quiet and I felt no one had in interest in me anyway. Takao and I started to trust each other which I didn't mind since I never felt this way before. We hanged out in my office and I would talk about my world and about the S.E.E.S. However, I shall not tell any of the shipgirls about how I kill the shadows... Many times Long Island, Enterprise, or even Cleveland would question my relation with Takao. I would just say "Do you really think a person who looks dead inside really has a chance?". I told them to leave us alone.

One day from clearing missions I received to be a weird item I never seen before and got it from the HQ.

It appeared to be a ring in a case. I started questioning what I should do with this. I didn't want to start a higher relation with Takao since I really didn't have an interest in her and plus we're both just close friends. I decided to pay Takao a visit to clarify this. Takao was drinking some tea in her room so, I knocked on her door.

Minato: Hey, hope you're not busy cause I have something to show you.

Takao placed her teacup on the side of her desk and turned to me.

Takao: What is it Minato?

I reached for my pocket and without any worries I pulled it out and showed her the wedding ring. Takao looked at it concerned.

Minato: It's this damn thing, I got it from some mission.

Takao: Was it today?

Minato: Oh my god, how many times do I have to tell you. Of course it was today how else would I have it...?

Takao: Well that's weird, but can you put it away and hide it?

Minato: With pleasure, and also is it bothering you?

Takao: No, but it worries me that someone could catch you with that and propose to you even though you barely met them. Also I'm not ready for marriage.

Minato: Okay first of all, psssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah like that would ever happen, and second of all, I have no intentions in marriage yet.

Takao: Just do what you need to do and watch your surroundings. I have some work to do.

Minato: Okay, whatever.

I closed Takao's door and headed back to the office. I looked at the case of the wedding ring in my hand. I thought to myself. "Like that would ever happen". I now felt the world would change with this one item but I stand strong.