Our Ultra Dramatic Lives

Drew's P.O.V

I sat on the floor in Serrah's room next to her bed and staring at her sleeping face. I could hear her breathing softly and it somehow calmed my restless heart. A single tear rolled down my cheeks and I made no effort to wipe it.

I sighed loudly and rested my head against the bed.

It was always nights like this that I hated dad most. No, that would be an understatement. Cause I fucking loathed that man.

That man, who did not give a second thought about his own children before giving his wife a divorce. That man, who in the five years after separation, never once bothered to call his fucking kids, leave alone seeing them.

I do not hate him for not being there for me when a boy would have needed his father though. No. I hate him for not being there for Serrah. My sister had always searched for her missing dad in me. And I had made it my first priority to protect her and keep her happy like a dad would. And I can say I did my job well when we were kids. But what happened after we started highschool, was what I couldn't help. From being football team captain, to an all A's student, I struggled hard to keep up with Serrah's life. Guess I did a sucky job at being the 'Golden Boy' of school and a brother to Serrah.

*Flashback*

I walked into my house surprised that the front door was already creaked open.
''Mom? Are you home? See what I got.'' I called out as I walked around the house with the gold medal in my hand. A smile of satisfaction appeared on my face. I felt proud to show my mom the medal and tell her about my winning goal.
Today, I had built a platform to achieve success. I was confident that this would surely get me a scholarship to Brown. I hadn't told neither mom nor Serrah about the football match. Obviously Serrah already knew, but I forced her to not come. Cause I wanted this medal to be a surprise for both mom and her. I knew mom didn't have time to attend but she would have anyways if I had told her. So I didn't want to waste her time in case we had lost today.
''Mom? Serrah? Are you guys……" I stopped mid sentence when I opened the door to Serrah's room and saw her passed out on the floor. The medal dropped from my hand as I ran to her and kneeled beside her.
I cursed under my breath when she did not respond to any of my  calls. I picked her up and gently placed her on the bed and shook her lightly. No respond. I checked her pulse and sighed in relief.
Her eyes were puffy and  her face was flushed.
Had she been crying?
My heart broke into a million pieces at the realization that while my sister was passed out here, I was celebrating my win with my friends!
I wiped off the tears that streamed down my face and dialed my mom from my iPhone. She picked up on the third ring and I immediately bombarded her with information.
"Mom! Serrah's  fainted. She's not waking up no matter how much I shake her! Mom I dunno what to do can you please come home fast?''