Even If I Hated Him Like America Hates Snowden

With all the disasters inside my head, I couldn't seem to focus on anything happening out of my head. I was literally in a mess when I stepped into History class.

I was more than thankful that neither Taylor nor Haylie were in this class. Don't get me wrong, I love both of them to bits, but they wouldn't leave me alone if they saw my face. And right now, I really wanted some time for myself. Just for me and my thoughts. But as I couldn't miss classes when ever I had a hard time, I decided to attend class. Physically at least.

"Wanna talk bout it?" Heather asked as soon as she came in and sat down, along with Anna.

I gave them both a forced smile and said, "Maybe later?"

Anna smiled sweetly, showing the dimples in both sides of her cheeks and squeezed my hand. "Sure. Whenever you want to."

"You look like a mess Serrah." Heather whispered to me. I shrugged and replied. "I know."

"I know you know. But I don't think you know that you need to get away from this. Skip school for today. I'm sure you're not focusing either way. " She said looking worried. I started to protest, but Anna stopped me. "Yea yea I know you'll die if you miss this class. But don't worry, we got it. I'll cover for you and send the notes to you tonight."

I looked at them feeling defeated, and grabbed my stuff to go.

"Take care." Both of them said as they hugged me.

"Oh and don't worry I won't let Taylor bother you till you want to! She was already searching for you all around school, threatening people to tell her where you went."  Heather called out as I walked out. Just narrowly escaping the eye of the history teacher.

I kept a look out for both Taylor and Haylie as I half walked and half limped out to the parking lot, where my car was parked.

I knew just where I wanted to be today. But before that, I decided to go home and let Drew know about my whereabouts.

"Drew?" I called out as I entered my house, hoping that somehow, he'd be home. Because even if I dialed to tell him, he'd still wanna see me to make sure I was okay.

"In the kitchen!" I heard my brother's voice, so I walked further inside to the kitchen. The cut in my knee had almost stopped hurting, so I could walk properly now.

"You're early. Something wrong?" Drew asked as soon as he saw me. He  closed the refrigerator door and threw some stuff he was picking, onto the table.

I didn't really have to speak, to let him know that something was wrong. He took in my puffy red eyes and the worn out look and just kept looking at me as if expecting me to say something.

"I skipped school for today." I said silently trying not to start crying all over, as everything started to dawn down on me again. Waves of nausea too started sweeping over me, so I tried to hurry up the conversation.

"Are you okay?" Drew asked, I nodded and looked away from him.

"Is this about... him?".  

This time, I wanted to answer this question. So I gulped down and said, " Yes this is about him. But don't worry I promise it's not anything he did. I just want to be alone. So I skipped school and I'll be at the town library.

"Okay, let me come..."

"No Drew. Please. I just want to be alone for sometime." I said and turned around to avoid the extremely pained and worried look in his eyes.

Sitting back in my car, I wiped tears off my face to focus on the road. I didn't quite know what I was doing in the first place. Avoiding Taylor and Haylie and others when I clearly knew that they'd be worrying their heads off. And leaving my brother in between whether he should just let me go or come see if I'm okay, when I knew that he wouldn't be able to do anything properly unless he made sure I was fine. But here I was, drowning in my own sadness while also dragging down the people who possibly care for me, along with me.