Chapter Seventeen

AN: So this is the last chapter, but don't worry, this story isn't over yet. We still have two more books to get through. In the meantime, I hope you all enjoy the conclusion of Designate! Now onward and forward to Chapter Seventeen!

 In the meantime, I hope you all enjoy the conclusion of Designate! Now onward and forward to Chapter Seventeen!

*Avalon*

The blast never came.

And when Clarissa and I looked up, we were surprised to find that Nemesis had recovered from being blasted back by Eris and had trapped the Goddess of Strife and Discord with a lasso of light.

Sadly, the moment was short-lived as Eris freed herself and blast us all back. Rosalie's spell was broken and she fell to the ground, exhausted from using her powers for that long. Soren managed to catch her before she hit the ground and Eris laughed.

"Well, looks like Hecate's little daughter isn't as powerful as she thinks she is," Eris smirked.

"Soren," Rosalie whispered.

"I've got you Rose," he assured her.

Eris laughed.

"Aw is the poor Allocator going to protect his soulmate?" she asked mockingly. Then she turned to Calix. "Speaking of soulmates," she said before rushing over to Calix and pinning him to a wall by his throat, "Where's yours, Calix?!"

"Even if I knew...I'd never tell you," Calix choked out.

"Get away from him, Eris!" Arrow shouted.

He blasted Eris and she was thrown aside by the force of it. Calix dropped to the ground, gasping for air.

"Get up, Ares," Eris told the God of War who was still on the ground recovering from Rosalie's spell.

Ares struggles for a while, but finally stood.

"Eris, we need to get out of here," Ares told her.

"Are you telling me that the God of War is retreating from battle?!" Eris demanded.

"Yes, because that witch weakened me!" Ares replied angrily.

Eris growled in frustration and waved her hand and both she and Ares vanished in a flourish of shadows.