Chapter 13: Undercover - Journal

Journal

July 7, 1989

I met P today, and he is a little eccentric. He walked in, went right to my fridge, and made himself a sandwich. No big deal, but we had barely said hello, and he just made himself at home. The guy is very comical; I like him, but I worry he won't take this seriously. The kid is very tall, has long black wavy hair, and he's very cocky. P is so different from D that I am amazed they are best friends.

D is very humble, he's a huge guy and is structured. D was embarrassed, but he trusted P completely to back him up. I guess that's all that matters, in a way. I just hope the two of them understand what's at stake here.

P informed us that there is a party tomorrow night. He was flirting with a few of the wives down at the club's bar two days ago. They invited him to work at the member's only party. He asked if D could also help, and they seemed excited about that prospect and agreed he could join. P said the woman's name was Sara or Sandra, and that she was in charge of the party. It must be Mark's sister, so she must run things now.

Paul joins the team on July 8, 1989.

Tonight is the party. I'm hoping they find out more information, but I also hope they do nothing to get themselves in trouble. These two are not children, but I still am rather worried about them getting in over their heads. These people are rich and they control everything. You do not want to piss these people off. Mark had said that confidentiality is the most important thing to his members. That if anyone ever broke that trust and were to expose the ways of the club, that person would be destroyed financially. The traitors would become an outcast in the business world.

These two are just beginning their lives. To become financially fucked without a pot to piss in would be a terrible start to their lives. My life would become their life, without police involvement. I'm sure they will not be back till morning, so I will probably not sleep well tonight.

The members have the power to destroy people.

July 9, 1989

The boys came over after the party and we discussed their findings. They did well and had a good time while doing so. I guess there was some pillow talk last night, and we had to sort it all out.

1.) Mark was involved in a Ponzi scheme, where several of the members were taken for millions of dollars. This is the second time we've heard this.

2.) Mark's sister Sara is not in charge of the club. Several members are now running it, and they have formed a board of directors.

3.) There was talk of the 3 houses that ring a bell, but not sure what they entail. Possibly a hierarchy: elite members and slaves? We will have to look into that further at some point.

4.) D and P were used by quite a few of the member's wives and mistresses. They were told to stay in a particular room. The two of them were to be slaves and to service all the women who entered. They were also told to do whatever the women requested of them. P said that they had a wonderful time and would like to go back in again soon. He makes me laugh. I'll admit, I'm jealous, it's been a while for me, so their stories were rather uplifting.

5.) D tried to get downstairs, but there was a guard posted by the door so that no one could enter.

6.) P tried to go up to the third floor, but once again, another guard was posted at the stairwell.

7.) We are sure they are hiding something. To have men watching different areas of the club seems very odd. What could be in there that needed to be safeguarded?