Chapter : Forty Eight

Chapter : 48

Rishav's POV

"I knew there was something going on between you two." Ravi said and chuckled.

I smiled with relief. Of all possible reactions, this was the best he gave. I was worried if I'd have to end up in a physical fight with my best friend over his sister. Ravi can be really unpredictable sometimes.

"Yeah you did," Kabir scoffed at Ravi.

"Of course I did! I'm her brother for God's sake." Ravi said.

"I knew about them before you did." Kabir argued.

"None of you knew about these two before me!" Diya intervened.

"Relax.We all know now. Nothing to debate about this." Raghav said silencing the group.

"Raghav! I thought we were done with that topic already." Ananya said to Raghav who narrowed his eyes at her and got out of the bean bag he was seated in.

"I'm going. It's late already." Raghav said as he walked towards the main door of the mansion.

"And yeah, Happy Birthday once again Ananya." Raghav said and walked out.

"What's the matter with him?" Ravi asked Ananya but she just sighed, her head lowered.

"Let's not think about that now. Come on, a group hug guys!" Diya said and waited with open arms.

Ananya smiled wryly at Diya and everyone got up and joined the hug including me.

"Who else thinks we look like the Indian Cricket Team right now?" Diya asked and we all nodded with chuckles.

The party had ended about an hour ago and it was just us in the mansion now. Ananya's Dad was on his way home from some meeting.

"But in all seriousness," Ravi said turning to look at me and Ananya.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I just wanna tell you that Ananya means a lot to me. Okay Rishav? So if you hurt her to ever, then I'm gonna hunt you down and-" Ravi was saying when Ananya burst out laughing beside me while I shook with a good laugh.

"You're giving me the 'big brother lecture', aren't you?" I said between laughs.

"Well of course I am! And you're ruining it apparently." Ravi sulked.

"Okay, carry one with it Ravi." I suggested after composing myself.

"Never mind, So if you hurt her ever I'm gonna hunt you down-" Ravi had started again and Ananya laughed hysterically again. She held my arm in case she fainted.

"The one thing I was always dreaming to be doing." Ravi muttered and gave up on the idea of scaring me with his threats.

***

Rishav's POV

2 weeks later

"Guys! Really don't do this," I tried to calm down the boys but my protests went unheard. They huddled up and picked my up on their shoulders, shouting out loud the name of our school and including my name occasionally too. All the people in the spectators gallery were clapping and hooting with excitement.

The semi finals had just ended with a clear victory of DPS Defenders. We had defeated one of the strongest teams - The South Pointers - just a few moments ago when I ended the match with a victory shot of four runs.

Ravi was one of the guys carrying me around like a maniac. He was a true friend to say the least.

The two teams met at the center of the field and shook hands in courtesy and the rival team made its way out of the stadium while my teammates and I approached the wooden platform outside the stadium meant for a photograph of the winning teams who had made it to the finals now.

To my fury, St.Louis Boys were in the finals and that little bastard of a player was also standing among the guys. I smirked when I noticed my punch had left a dark bruise on his nose. He clenched his teeth and looked away.

The guys of DPS Defenders started lining up on the platform with the rival team. There was a sudden tension in the air. Nobody had forgot that punch yet. The photographer clicked a few pictures after which we dispersed out.

I walked over to Sameer who was waiting to congratulate me.

"Rishav!" Ananya's voice reached me and I smiled as I found her running towards me.

"You won!" She squealed like a little kid when she reached me.

"Thanks" I grinned at her.

"I'd have hugged you really tight in happiness but you're all sweaty, so..." Ananya said and extended her hand for me to shake from a distance.

"Oh, but I don't mind hugging a gorgeous girl like you." I said and held her in my arms.

For a moment she wailed in slight disgust but then gave into the hug and held me back with a smile.

"Ahem." Sameer's voice interrupted us.

We parted and I turned to look at my brother with a frown while Ananya fumbled with her words. I'm sure she hadn't noticed Sameer in all of her hurry.

"You're Ravi's sister, aren't you?" Sameer asked Ananya.

She nodded silently.

"You never told me about this brother." Sameer said and pointed between me and Ananya.

"What's there to tell about?" I challenged Sameer, not wanting his to poke his nose in my matter.

Before Sameer could answer, a man approached our group and unfolded a sheet of paper.

"Ravi Sharma... Rishav Neil and...Saqib Ahmed. Are they here?" He asked as he read the names from the sheet.

I raised my hand to declare my presence and so did Ravi and Saqib.

"You have been asked to meet the selectors. Come with me." The man said.

I felt lightheaded. Was this really happening?

"Go," Ananya said and touched my shoulder, bringing me back in earth.

Nodding, I followed the man with Ravi and Saqib.