Chapter 7 "Knocked up times four"

It was the beginning of the school year, and Gwen had registered her children to a new school without either of them knowing. She had started to clear out some of the bedrooms much to my reluctance, but I knew that her ex was getting out of prison the next week, so she made sure everything was cleared out even down to the last strand of wolf fur. She eventually moved things around throughout the household making room for her and her children to settle in.

She had me take some days off from work to help move them in, but we first needed to make a trip to a buffet where she would break the news to them more formally. I was busy piling up my plates with copious amounts of food. People stared at me more than they did with my plate or my mate. The kids waited for me to get back already settled with their meager portion sizes, but once I got back, she made her big announcement.

"Kids? We have decided that it would be best for all of us to move in with Randall" she said.

"Yay!" Emily shouted.

"Huh?" Jack muttered. He looked up at her confused. "But my friends!" he said.

"Don't worry; we're closer to Sam's home anyway. I thought you'd might like that" she said before she leaned in and touched his hand. "You won't have to worry about those neighborhood bullies anymore" she said.

He sighed as he looked towards the mountains. "I don't know...It's just...I've been having really bad dreams...every time it's someone being attacked by a giant werewolf...last week it was you that got attacked...and then last night it was me" he said before he looked over to see me lowering my glass of mountain dew while staring him down making him gulp. He subconsciously moved towards the wall as his sister looked at him worried.

"Sam's brother told us a werewolf lived in the neighborhood" she said.

"Emily!" he shouted.

Gwen looked up at me seeing my concern, but she smiled nudging me. "You'll be safe there...Randall's not going to let anything happen to you" she said pounding into my big chest pretty hard. I guess she was hoping to show her son that I was as docile as I was tough. I gave her a look and she doubled down by leaning in with that infectious disarming smile. "You'd protect them wouldn't you?"

"Hmph, like you would need me to handle a werewolf. You put that pup in his place several nights ago" I mumbled. She elbowed me in the side and stared at me not daring to crack a smile.

"Well I am an expert at handling a werewolf" she retorted. I snorted and went back to gorging myself, but she batting her eyes at me asking me, "Have you seen any werewolves around there?"

I gave her a funny look briefly forgetting about putting up an act for the kids. "In the house or on the property?" I asked before she punched me in the arm. I paused before I shook my head quickly. "Uh, no, I've not seen any werewolves...unless it's like Halloween or some prankster...you know...like my cousins at the campsite" I said nervously.

Jack frowned before his mother closed her eyes with a delightful smile. "There's no full moon out tonight anyway, so you don't have to worry about werewolves" she said.

"Except the Vampires!" I added before she punched me in the arm again. "I-I mean fleas" I corrected myself. I felt my skin crawl before I started to itch my arm. "I hate those bastards" I mumbled.

She looked back at me amused. "You don't get fleas do you?" she whispered.

"No! Of course not! Why do you think I use the shampoo!?" I raised my voice defensively. I was very offended that she would think I was infested with those things!

"Ah-ha! So you did use Cerberus's shampoo!" she caught him.

"Oh no...who knew he uses the same shampoo I use" he muttered sarcastically. I was not sure if she was screwing with me, but she planted a smooch on my cheek in the midst of my confusion.