Chapter 8 "A Grave Mistake"

When those doors closed, I did not know what I would be expecting, but when I stared up at those yellow high beams staring down at me, I jumped and fell backwards. I looked up at the terrifying creature speechless. This was what my mom had been hiding. I kicked my legs out scooting my butt across the floor back into my mother's feet. She had her arms crossed over her chest and shook her head at me with an aloof gaze. "Ye won't be telling anyone! Understood?" she raised her voice.

"Mom...he's a...monster! Why would you..." I muttered before she walked over to the wolfman defiantly and huddled up underneath him pressing her back up against him as if asserting her attraction towards him. I was horrified to see the wolfman put his paw onto my mother's shoulder claiming her as his prize.

"Ye wouldn't understand" she said before she reached over to grab the beast's paw. "I know a monster when ah see wun, and he's not a monster" she argued.

"He's killed people hasn't he?" I shouted.

"He only kills when he has to" She said quickly.

"Look kid, I'm tired. If I was any threat to you...I would have killed you a long time ago. You should feel lucky that I'd let you be a part of my pack" he said as he walked past me and plopped back onto the bed.

"Part of your pack?" I muttered.

"You have a lot to learn kid. We all aren't about slaughtering everything we see" he said staring me down stoically.

My mother touched my shoulder and sighed heavily. "When you're under his roof, you are part of his pack. He's been taking care of us honey...protecting us" she said as she crawled into the bed huddling up against her werewolf lover like spoons. "Now you found out. Do you still wanting to sleep in here?" she asked.

I was rather uncomfortable with the sight of my mother being enveloped by the wolfman and her being perfectly fine with him gnawing at her neck. "Um...no...this is just a weird dream" I muttered. Yea, that's it, this is nothing but one of those strange dreams. I looked back at Cerberus who was looking up at me with not a care in the world. "You have no problem with this either?" he asked.

"Hey careful you're going to leave a mark!" My mother shrieked.

"Isn't that the point?" Randall said in his deep beastly tone. He bit her a little harder and she laughed shoving at his face.

"Hey quit that! You're going to freak him out" she told him.

"I'm going for your ear next" he said.

I left the room in a rush, and he chuckled at this before he went on nibbling on her ear growling into it all the while grabbing onto her boobs forcefully causing her to moan softly. She smiled and turned to kiss him on the lips before they locked lips. I peeped in and was mortified with the disgusting sight of his tongue down her throat. Just hearing their lips smacking together made me sick. Mother was in a tongue battle with the beast, and she was winning. She grabbed onto him in various places and started going down south, which it was too far south for my comfort, so I left to go back into my room not sure what to make of my discovery.

I most certainly wanted to hide the details about what mother was doing, but I knew my friends were going to ask me what I saw. What was I going to tell them? My Mom is dating a Werewolf! Cerberus followed me into my room not at all concerned. To him this was all normal behavior for those two. He hopped onto my bed and watched him crawl into my bed and try to get some sleep. I could hear Randall fooling around with mother, so I reached for my radio in an attempt to drown out my thoughts.

I spent an hour staring up at the ceiling traumatized. I could smell mother making breakfast. I did not want to go outside of my room; however, my stomach won this round. Cerberus waited at the door to be let out needing to do his duty. When I opened the door, I ran into my sister colliding with her and knocking her into the wall. "Hey! Watch it!" I shouted.