Chap. 17 Flame of the night

(Flame's POV)

The fog I'd been walking in was thicker than anything, I had ever seen. In fact I'm quite sure I had never been in fog before, therefore I can't compare it.

  Suddenly, I found that I couldn't see nor hear any of my friends.

   "Hey, anyone out there?" I called.

  "I'm here, Flame!" I heard Dawn say.

   "Any of the others with you?" I asked Dawn.

  "Not that I know of." Dawn said quietly, like she were looking for them. I sniffed the air, searching for Dawn. I walked to her, she smiled at me as we both came into sight of eachother.

"What now?" she questioned me, I twitched my ears.

  "Keep going North I suppose, hopefully we meet up with the others." I answered. Dawn sighed and looked about, her fur swinging at the breeze. I looked down, snow between my claws, the fog was lighter now but was still quite thick.

I noticed Dawn staring intensely at something, I looked that way as well. It was foggy but I could see something small standing, staring at us.

  "Hey, you!" I barked at the stranger. It walked slowly towards us, as it got closer I noticed it was smaller than it looked farther away. It was a young pup of some kind, he was the same breed Blizzard is. He was much more ice white though.

  "Are you lost, little one?" Dawn asked soothingly. The pup whimpered,

"I can't find my mommy." he sniffled. I looked at him with concern,

"I guess we can help find your mom." I said. He smiled and wagged his tail,

"Thank you." he woofed. I couldn't help but get worried, we could help him but if so would we get to our friends?