3

linh's head was resting on biana's shoulder. her hair was soft & it fell like a sheet over biana, giving her goosebumps between her spaghetti straps. the window was open, blowing a slight breeze & casting a light-reflection rainbow over the two girls.

biana closed her eyes. she was vaguely aware of her heart beating erratically, of the soft blanket under her & the pillows propped up behind her, of the faint scent of pure trees blowing in with the breeze, sugar & lemons & pine needles.

she opened her eyes to see linh smiling at her. what is it? she asked, & it was the first time either of them had spoken in what felt like hours but also no time at all.

linh bit her lip. you looked peaceful. & happy. & i love it when other people are happy. it makes me happy. the rainbow was sleeping over her mouth so when she spoke it looked like she was breathing rainbows.

biana wanted to kiss her. it would be perfect, honestly. linh's head was already facing her, so all she would have to do would be lean down. it would be beautiful. sugar & lemons & pine needles & light-reflection rainbows.

but she didn't kiss her. she just looked at her. jet-black hair spilling onto biana, silver-tips sparkling in the creamy sunlight. her dramatic almond eyes were silver-blue & her cheeks were soft & pink & her beauty was ethereal. & biana knew with a certainty that if she asked to kiss linh, linh would say yes. they would become girlfriends, & they would go on double-dates with keefe & tam, & fitz would never talk to them.

& biana wanted that to happen. she wanted to tell linh she loved her, to hold her hand & finally be herself. there was nothing stopping her. & if anything was stopping her, she would find a way to overcome it.

but, she would do that later. because for now, she didn't want to move. she just wanted to stay there forever. to freeze the moment & keep it close to her chest.

it was so beautiful maybe because it was so small. there was no kiss. there were no i love yous. it was just a warm, sunny day, & two girls with rainbows on their cheeks, sitting on a bed in a room that smelled like pure trees.

biana, linh said, & her voice was soft & resonant. i'm glad you're here.

a/n: i don't think i can honestly express to you how much i loved writing this chapter. i hope you like it as much as i do. as always vote & comment, & please share this story with your friends, it would really make my day! :) have a good day xx