Chapter Seven, calm chaos.

Chapter Seven, Calm Chaos
______________

The Doctor fought his way towards the metal door that closed, banging his fist against it. Once he gave up on trying to either bang the door open or sonic it, he rested his head against it with his eyes shut tight.

"There's no use in trying, they never return anyways." A man spoke up next to him, making him turn his head towards the source of the voice.

The man wore a red cape, had white long hair and what seemed to be some sort of computer based eyepatch. His hand was outstretched towards the Doctor and a melancholic expression was on his face.

"We can help you, however. But we also need your help." He gestured towards the sonic screwdriver that laid in the other man's hand.

"We? What are you talking about and where is my friend?" The Doctor approached the man, all too close to his face as he tried to be threatening.

"My name is Salamander. I used to work for the queen on these programs.. but what I witnessed changed my mind completely. And I am not alone. We are a.." he got closer to the Doctor, whispering it out as if it was the most secret thing in the world. "A secret organisation that works to stop the cruelty behind those doors."

Salamander nodded towards his outstretched hand once more, smiling slightly as the Doctor took it. The next actions seemed to happen in only seconds, he pulled him with himself to the wall and pushed some sort of button that activated a forcefield. Suddenly they were on the other side of the wall, unnoticed and unseen by the people.

They had landed in a white long hallway with flickering ceiling lights that seemed to be almost out of power. The white haired man led him into a large room filled with computers and large screens, people wildly typing in codes and watching surveillance cameras.

"The Program has been going on for at least a year now. Cyberman technology is used to.. well, remove the human needs and parts in people to create the perfect army." He sat down in front of one of the largest computers, showing the Doctor screens of what went on.

The sight was cruel and inhuman, worse than anything he had seen before. Without any sort of anaesthesia they had needles drilled into their temples, along with cords that sparked of electricity attached to the needles. The people under the process were fighting in pain for a few minutes before they turned completely limp and monotone. Some people fell onto the floor, seeming like they were actually dead. It looked like the wet dream of a psychopath.

"We were meant to produce pills and chips that could pause this but.. the queen came into contact with a strange man. A founder of the Cybermen, or so we believe. The process turned gruesome and we retired, secretly working within the castle's secret rooms to find a way to either rehabilitate the victims or shut down the big system. But no matter how many times we try to cut the electrical support.. it continues as if no attempt was made."

"And what happens.. to these people?"

"They're either moved to some sort of camp that we don't have any information on, or left to die.."

The Doctor put his hand over his mouth, squeezing down on his cheeks as his mind was filled with all too many unpleasant thoughts. Ophelia was nowhere to be seen on the twenty surveillance cameras on his computer screen, even among the women.