I Miss My Friend (Chapter Eighteen)

Austin's POV

Its been two months of me ignoring Lanney and its been the hardest thing I've ever done. Seeing her text, me and call me at least twice a day really breaks my heart, but I was so excited for this baby and come to find out Elena lied to me? I'm not sure why she would lie to me and tell me the baby is mine, maybe she was after my money, maybe she had changed the small amount of time I was away. I still love her, but I just can't get over the fact that she lied to me, that killed me when I heard Kevin yell that. Its been the longest two months of my life not seeing or talking to Elena.

I haven't posted on Instagram or any social media, but I have been checking Elena's Instagram and she's been very quiet on there until a day ago. I went straight to her page seeing a new picture and when I clicked on it I couldn't believe my eyes her belly was getting so big and she looked so damn beautiful she really did have the glow you hear people talk about when a woman is pregnant. I just wanted to kiss her all over and love on her and it hurt my heart just thinking about it. The belly I was once so excited to see, and touch now doesn't have my child in it.

I haven't told my parents about it yet thought because I really didn't want to disappoint them because they were so excited, but I would have to tell them eventually. My mom on the other hand might just be happy about it. I've spent a lot of nights drinking and trying to get my mind off of the girl I love. I've even hooked up with Kelly a few times which it never worked because she wasn't Elena. I think it was my way of trying to get back at Elena for lying to me and giving me false hope of being a dad. The only person I have told about the whole situation is Dre and he wasn't very happy. I just wish I was the one who got Elena pregnant, I miss my best friend.

"Kelly you really should get going." I said getting out of the bed, I didn't like sleeping with her it didn't give me any pleasure and I hated that I was doing that to her, but I just couldn't get Elena away from my brain. "But I want to cuddle Austin." I rolled my eyes as I continued to get dressed. "I'm not in the mood." I said walking out of the room hearing a knock on the door. I walked to the hallway where I could see the front door and who was standing at it. Imagine my surprise when I see two women, I haven't seen in months standing outside. What the hell is Shelby and Diamanté doing here? Then I saw another person move and I could tell by the short hair it was Elena.

I felt my heart flutter seeing her standing at my door then she knocked again. "Austin answer the door." I heard Kelly yell and this time I felt my heart sink, I had forgot she was in the room. "shit." I said to myself running back to the room "you have to hide." I said standing her up and lightly pushing her towards the closet. "please be very quiet." I said shutting the door before she could ask anything, and I took off down the stairs and to the door and I quickly look in the mirror near the door to make sure I don't like I had sex a few minute ago.

I slowly opened the door and Elena almost slowly turned around; she was getting ready to walk away because it was taking me so long to answer the door. When she turned around, I could see the relief in her eyes, it was like seeing me took all her worries and pain away. "Lanney- "I didn't get to finish my sentence before she had her hands wrapped around my waist and her head on my chest, I couldn't help but put my arms around her and hold her as tight as I could. I looked up to see Diamanté put her head in her palms almost like she had told Elena not to react this way when she saw me. I ignored it and put my head on top of hers smelling her hair, it brought back so many memories.

It felt like I stood there holding her for hours before she finally pulled away looking up at me with her brown eyes. "we need to talk." She said with a serious face but still a face that had relief washed all over it. Her eyes were starting to build up tears and I hated that I was the reason she was crying. "can we come in?" Shelby asked behind Elena both girls had been surprisingly silent. Diamanté looked like she wanted to kill me, and I couldn't blame her. "uh yeah you can sit in the front room." I said moving out of their way. "Can we talk in private?" Elena asked and I nodded leading her to the office I never used.