Halo (Chapter Nineteen)

Austin's POV

I felt my heart sink, I looked at Elena who had noticed my name being called and quickly sat up putting her shirt on and pants. She didn't even stop to put on a bra she just threw the shirt on. I was terrified at what she was going to find when she walked out of the room, I didn't even know what to say. Then I remembered the girls in the front room, and I panicked even more. "Lanney." I said and she quickly turned around looking at me confused "Who was that?" she asked, and I knew I had to tell her the truth and I knew shit was going to hit the fan. As soon as things were getting better and I was about to make love to my best friend this happens.

"Sit down Lanney I need to explain something." I said and she sat down not putting up a fight. "It's Kelly." I said and I could see the hurt all over her face again. "Why is she here?" she asked, and I didn't want to answer in all honesty. "I've been sleeping with her off and on since I got back." I said dropping my head not wanting to look at her knowing how hurt and disappointed she was. "Why?" she asked, and I looked up at her and she didn't look mad, she just looked hurt and a little confused. "I was upset, mad, angry and I guess I was trying to hurt you because you hurt me, well when I thought you weren't pregnant with my child I was so hurt." I said feeling disappointed in myself for trying to get revenge.

"you did it to hurt me?" she asked and all I could do was nod I couldn't even replay with a worded answer because it hurt so much thinking that's why I had done what I did. "Lanney?" I finally said as she sat on the couch silent. I had locked the door so that no one could come in and I knew it was coming all three of the girls will be at this door. "Austin I'm not mad." She finally said scooting closer to me. "I get it, even though leaving me without letting me explain was horribly wrong and I felt abandoned, but I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing." She finished and I could tell she was being honest I felt horrible that I let her feel abandoned "I will never let you feel that way again." I said pulling her into me giving her a hug.

I kissed her forehead before I heard my name being yelled again. "Austin!" Lanney pulled back "We should go out there." She said giving me a light smile which I was surprised by. "Are you sure? You can stay in here while I get rid of her." She shook her head no "I want to go." She said standing up and following me to the door. "Austin, I love you." She said kissing my lips before opening the door. "I love you more Lanney." I said smiling but she was taking all of this well and it's kind of worries me that she's so calm.  I really need to sit and talk to her when no one else is in the house but that will have to wait a while.

"Austin what the hell is going on?" Shelby said as we made our way to the front room where all three women were standing waiting on us to walk out. "Kelly you need to leave" I said pointing to the door. "I'm not going anywhere- woah" she stopped in the middle of her sentence to let out the woah "What?" Elena said noticing that Kelly's eyes were now on her instead of me. "are you pregnant? I mean you're pregnant" she said pointing to Elena's belly. "Um yeah I am." She said looking down at her stomach and putting her hands on her stomach. "Is it yours?" she said looking at me now. "Yes, its mines." I said standing behind her and wrapping my arms around her stomach holding her belly and then resting my head on her head smiling, I was so proud to call her and my daughter mine.

"now please get out of Austin's house." Elena said but Kelly didn't move. "please get out of our house." I said correcting Elena. Her head shot up at me with a huge smile on her face. I knew she wouldn't move here but I wanted her to know that this wasn't just my house, we are in this together. "come on don't pick her over me, she's already fucked you over once." Kelly said walking closer to us and I moved Elena back behind me just because I knew Elena slapped her once and I didn't want Kelly doing anything to harm my girls. "Kelly you don't know anything I just think you should leave." I said trying to avoid conflict. Elena and I have been through so many ups and downs the past three months and I just want the rest of her pregnancy to be smooth sailing.