Steal My Girl (Chapter Forty Two)

Elena's POV

Missing my mom was something I had always done but now that I have a daughter, I can't imagine Mia not having me in her life, I can't imagine ever leaving my baby girl. I miss my mom more than ever now, even though I have my aunt and cousin I still can't just pick up my phone and call my mom to ask her questions about being a mom and it's harder than I thought it would be. I know she would be proud of me and she would love Austin I know that for sure, and her first grandchild? She would have never given Mia back to me while she was visiting. "you okay baby?" Austin said walking into the kitchen smiling at me. "yeah just missing my mom." I said looking at him showing the picture I was holding. "you were so little." Austin said grabbing the picture, my mom was holding me in one arm and then holding my sisters hand. "I see Mia in you." He said kissing my forehead.

"your mom was beautiful just like you." He said pulling back still smiling at me "she would be so proud of you baby girl." He then said and I smiled nodding, I knew she would be very proud of me, I mean I gave birth without medication and I was damn proud of that. "I know she would love Mia." I said smiling "speaking of I can't believe she's still asleep." I said smiling looking at the baby monitor, the house was full of people and even though they were trying to be quiet they were still packing so you would hear things being put in boxes but I had Mia's noise maker on so that's probably why. "I know she looks peaceful." Austin said looking at the monitor for a few seconds before kissing me again. "okay let's finish packing before she wakes up." I said smiling and he kissed me again before walking back to the room he was in before and continued packing.

"thanks for sending him mom." I said looking up before kissing the picture and putting it in the box. I knew she had to have something to do with Austin coming into my life all those years ago. I continued packing the kitchen up, well what I could without hurting myself but I was starting to feel a lot better, I defiantly felt the birth for weeks after, and the ring of fire, it's a real thing I sear it was horrible but every time I looked at Mia I knew what I was in so much pain and I didn't care, Mia made it all worth it. After about another hour of packing I looked at the monitor and noticed Mia was moving and I knew she was going to start crying so I made my way to her room and was met with Austin walking into the room before me.

"how did you know she was waking up?" I asked and he smiled "my daddy senses were tingling." I busted out laughing "what?" he said smiling at me "I say the same thing except mommy senses." I said and he smiled shaking his head as he opened the door and I followed him in. "Mia." Austin said walking over to her crib and picking her up "don't cry pretty girl." He said kissing her forehead and I swear my heart felt so full when he did that that it almost hurt. Austin started to rock her back and forth getting her to not cry, she made the cutest face, her lip was quivering but once he started rocking you could see her relax and then she smiled at Austin, it was magical watching this moment. We walked out of the room and went into the front room and sat on the couch by each other as he still held Mia.

After about 20 minutes everyone made there way back to the front room "she's awake!" Doja said smiling looking at Mia still in Austin's arms, he hated putting her down, so she was defiantly spoiled in that manner. "can I hold her?" she asked, and Austin smiled then shook his head no "my daughter." He said causing Doja to laugh as he handed Mia to her, "gee Austin share sometimes." Shelby said laughing. "I'm hungry can I treat everyone to dinner?" Dre asked looking at everyone, I was grateful that he showed up to help pack, Smitty was here too it was like we had a little family of friends and it was amazing. "yes please." I said smiling and everyone nodded yes, we were all hungry. "pizza?" he asked, and we all said yes. He walked into the kitchen to order pizzas. "let's play Uno." I said smiling and everyone smiled and agreed "the cards on that table behind you Diamante." I said and she turned grabbing the cards and we all sat in a circle on the floor but spaced out so no one could see each other's cards, Austin had Mia back, but he now had her sitting in his lap, and she was content.