Chapter 21

Narrator: Fujiono Asagami

Chapter 21

It wasn't that hard to track down the big chicken. After all, it left feathers behind. As for the second person following me, he showed himself rather quickly. It was none other than Shirou Amakusa.

"Fujiono claimed she found some good food," he said.

"I'm not sharing my kill with you" Elizabeth growled.

While they bickered, I heard some rustling in the nearby bushes. I walked over there to find a lawn gnome. It was the ugliest thing I had ever seen. The only exception being Petra's gorgon form. I picked up the gnome and began walking back.

"What is that?" Elizabeth asked.

"Something cool to take as a souvenir" I responded.

"Do you think it's alive?" Amakusa said.

"Doubt it, why did you ask?" I said.

"It's moving!" Elizabeth screamed.

Sure enough, it began attacking me. However, I felt nothing from its bites. One look made the gnome fall silent.

"Stop attacking or you're dead" I threatened.

The red-hatted creature fell silent for a moment.

"I know you're working for the queen," the gnome said.

"What queen?" I asked.

"The one sleeping in your camp, of course!" he replied.

This began a half-hour of explanations to convince him that we were not evil. By the time I finished, he was still thinking.

"How do I know you won't kill me?" the gnome said.

"We could've used all this time to kill you" Elizabeth responded.

"Very well, I am Hap and I will confirm this by going back to your camp" the gnome replied.

On that note, we began heading back to the others...