8. 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘭

" 𝗡𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗴𝗶𝗮 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁."

         ⁂ 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ⁂

As Cameron was breaking apart, Benny had Jasmine on his mind. How was he going to make it all right?

He was between a rock and a hard place. Explaining himself to Jasmine would expose his crush on her. He could also just wait for her to apologize, though he knew that Jasmine is not likely to do so.

Benny was deep in thought as his mom walked into his room. "Be-woah, what's wrong Benny?" His mother asked walking to him and feeling his forehead for a fever.

Benny sighed, "it's nothing Ma." He delicately removed her hands from his face.

"I know when something is wrong with my baby. So what is it?" She sat next to Benny on his mattress.

Benny hesitated eventually putting his guard down and coming clean.
"Well Ma, it's about Jasmine..."

Luz nodded and let Benny continue. He gulped and he began.

"Well, Uhm... first let me tell you that she isn't who she is around you..." He shifted uncomfortably as his mom scrunched her thick brows together.

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is... well, she was just a very bad person and for some reason she was so kind to you. So you wouldn't have known about her um mischievous side."

Luz was taking it all in very well, she still likes Jasmine but she wanted to understand her.

"She wasn't the nicest to me at first, we fought a lot. In fact this whole thing is about a fight we are currently having." Benny's eyes traveled to the floor.

"So when she came over for dinner we went to my room so I could help her be a nicer human being. She really did want to change her ways. All went well and then we went to the mall so she can try to make a friend."

"Did she make one?" Luz asked wanting to know what goes on in Jasmine's life too.

"Oh, she made one alright," Benny's voice rose a little.
"She made a friend, a guy. And I don't know what happened to me but I got so jealous I picked up some poor girl and basically used to her to make Jasmine mad. I wasn't the best friend."

"Benny, I raised you better than that!" Luz exclaimed .

"Ma, can I just explain please?" He asked softly placing a hand in his mother's shoulder. Her expression calmed and she relaxed nodding at Benny.

"This whole situation made me realize... that I have feelings for Jasmine." Benny finished looking at his mom's enthusiastic face.

"Yes! I knew it! I knew someone would catch feelings!" She danced around Benny's clean room making Benny smile.

"But you gotta fix what you started Benny." She places her hands on his shoulders, speaking sternly.

"The thing is, I don't know how. She'll know that I like her." He let out an exasperated sigh putting his hands up then bringing the down again.

His mom thought for a moment. "Maybe it's a good thing she finds out!"

"I don't know Ma. I have to think." He said laying down in his bed.

"Fine, I'll leave," Luz went for the door. "But if you don't apologize and she doesn't either, y'all just ruined something great." She walked out leaving Benny in his thoughts.