It's 5 o'clock Somewhere

"Stick with me and you'll never want to leave this godforsaken hell hole," Maureen smiled warmly as she tipped a bottle of Irish Whiskey into the pancake batter for a healthy pour before setting the liquor aside.

"Usually the boys just drink stale beer for breakfast... they get a load of these and they're your problem," Sadie smiled, jamming her spatula into frying hash browns. The last two days had been trying for the boys and with no true progress made, Maureen suggested a family breakfast might do them all good to recharge and refocus on what was most important.

Sadie had not spoken to Jax in over a day and had not been clued in on what they had been up to or if any word of Abel was unearthed.

"Liquor in the pancakes again, Maureen?" Gemma swept into the room with a smirk, a carafe of orange juice in her hands for the table.

Maureen smiled, "It seems like the right occasion, don't ye think?"

"Of course I do," Gemma replied, straightening an empty glass, "Why do you think there's vodka in the orange juice?"

Sadie released a hearty laugh as a surprise not only to herself but to the women in the room as well. It had been a long time since Sadie genuinely expressed unfettered joy or happiness of any kind. Gemma smiled proudly and, just like a mother, pulled Sadie against herself into a half-hug and kissed the girl's head, "Welcome back, baby."

Sadie took in a breath of Gemma's distinct smell of leather, cigarettes, and Chanel. Always a comfort, "Thanks Mom," she replied quietly. Gemma smoothed over the girls' unruly locks before discerning the amount of food being piled into dishes.

"Church should be over in ten... I'd recommend finding the seat the furthest from Tig -- man eats like an animal." Gemma suggested.

Maureen smiled, "I'll be taking breakfast in my room...you lot do not need any more interlopers on this journey o'yers."

Neither Sadie or Gemma urged her to stay but rather gratefully accepted her offer to give the Mother Charter some space this morning.