13 Months Later

Life had returned to normal in Charming... well... sort of... 

Abel was growing like a weed. 

The boys who had avoided  prison tried to keep business going the best they could... but Sadie was damn ready for her boys to return, all of them. You see, being involved with SAMCRO (especially next to someone like Jax who was the clubs life's blood) wasn't just a relationship... it wasn't one part of her: it's your whole life. You eat, breathe, sleep, and fuck SAMCRO. It's not for the weak or faint of heart. It caused her more pain than she could bear but it also kept her alive... the very blood than ran through her veins ran red for the Reaper. 

BUZZ

Sadie sat at the glass and Jax took a seat on the other side. She reached for the phone and put it to her ear and Jax mirrored her motion. He put on his stupid smirk and she shook her head, "--What?" she asked. 

Jax shrugged. He always kept a cheery outlook when she came to visit... it made her nervous for she knew what happened behind the walls of prison and SAMCRO had no shortage of enemies. But he was still breathing and in one piece so he could smirk all he wanted. "You didn't think I'd make it the year and yet... here I am, sweetheart." 

Sadie wanted to reach through the glass and throttle him but despite herself she laughed, "Good thing I didn't put money on it then..." she said smartly, shifting in her seat to cross one leg over the other. 

He raised in his seat, eyes cast down as if trying to get a look at her legs. 

"Oh, yeah, they look good... don't worry," she told him, not making it easy for him to see. Sadie had to admit she was a little relieved... if he was so relaxed it meant nothing dire was happening behind the glass where she couldn't reach. 

"I'm not worried, but you should be..." Jax's bright eyes twinkled in mischief and it made her press her legs tighter together. 

"We'll see..." she replied in a challenged and Jax licked his lower lip, "But I didn't come here to give you something to jack off to when I'm gone..." 

"Doesn't mean I can't have both." 

"It's about Abel." 

"What's wrong?" Jax's concern grew in an instant and Sadie shook her head quickly, "No, he's fine. It's fine. I just... I've been thinking about preschool and things like that..."

Jax settled in with relief and dutifully listened. 

Sadie continued, "Gemma thinks we should homeschool Abel until 1st grade but --" 

Jax smiled lightly, "You disagree..." 

Sadie nodded, "I don't think it's good for him... he gets enough of our -- life -- as it is... he needs normalcy..." 

"I agree," Jax nodded, and Sadie was relieved.

"Great, so now you can tell your Mother that." 

"Oh, no way," Jax smirked again, "I'm already top of her shit list -- 14 months worth... this one's yours, babe."

Sadie's brows raised towards her curly hair and he laughed at her look.

 Although it was not the time to admit it, the sound of his laugh drew a blanket of pure relief over her body. Everyday she lived in fear that she would get a call that something happened behind these cold steel bars...that this life would have finally taken him from her -- but his laugh... in this moment, he was safe. 

"Mmm...I see," Sadie nodded and she locked eyes with him as she slowly reached and hung up the phone. He gave her a playful "oh come on..." look. Sadie shook her head, holding the power...holding his stare... 

Sadie stood from the cold metal stool and gave him a little show as she walked away, disappearing out of his sight. 

"...fuck me..." Jax leaned back, hanging up the phone with a low breath through his lips. He ran his hands over his blonde hair, gathering himself.

An inmate next to him glanced over as the guard rallied to return Jax to his cell, "That your girl?"

Jax nodded, "Sure is," he smiled.

The inmate nodded in approval, "Fuck, man..."