WHAT WAS THAT FOR?

"DROP HER RIGHT NOW!" I shriek over the sounds of destruction. My fingers are weaved through my hair, pulling tightly at the roots. Could this day possibly get any worse?

The answer? Yes. And it only escalates from here.

I am pacing in front of the half eaten robot remains, looking up at a very hungry sand-worm that believes his reward for decimating the battle bots is the perky brunette that insists on being my friend no matter how many times I tell her "I don't need, nor want your friendship."

Flashback like 7 minutes ago...

She said her name was Ochako Uraraka.

Not to be dramatic or anything but I was convinced this girl was my guardian angel.

Even after she hoisted me off of the now bloody sidewalk, her grip on my hand didn't falter. It's not like she was told to do it. She didn't know me and obviously had the option to just leave me here and start her exam with the others, but she didn't. She stayed and decided to help me just out of the kindness of her heart.

I wiped my snot and tears onto my dirty sleeves, brushed the back of my dress off and cleared my throat. Time to introduce myself.

"Hi. Sorry you had to see that, I was just waiting for the right opportunity to take him ou-"

She shook her head at me "Nuh-uh." She looked at me expectantly, waiting for the real reason why I just let that shit happen.

Her face was intense. I could practically see the waves of seriousness coming from her. Eyes narrowed, lips puckered into a slight pout that made my face feel warm.

Scary. But cute.

I coughed and floundered for an excuse. "You see, his mom was named Martha too and-"

"Try again."

"I was... uh- praying to Lady Luck, because my mutant power is being extremely lucky so I knew I would make it out of there ok-"

She hummed and turned her head back to me again, not making eye contact, but enough to where I could see a slight side profile.

Damn, this girl was ridiculously cute at any angle apparently.

"Wasn't that a quote from Deadpool 2?"

I coughed and looked down at my feet. I had no more excuses, and having such a pretty person talk to me for this long was making me feel funny.

Noticing my silence she rolled her eyes and stopped mid-stride, turning around to look me dead in the eyes.

"Ok since you obviously aren't ready to share the real reason for letting that jerk talk to you like that, I'm just gonna let it go for now... but I really want to figure you out. I have a feeling we're gonna be really good friends."

Nodding my head wordlessly I watch as she smiles a little brighter than before.

So you see that's where the trouble began. That smile. That damned smile.

I got nervous after she did that... but, a good kind of nervous. My stomach erupted in butterflies and my hands felt ridiculously clammy all of the sudden.