Part 15

Rikara's Room

Omkara can not believe how can this girl be so nice to him.

O:Why do you care for everyone so much? you even think about that person who never misses a chance to insult you! tum itni acchi kyun ho?

G: what are you...

O: please gauri, let me speak today. you...you said sorry so easily whereas you had no fault! in fact, I was wrong all the time..! I have behaved so rudely with you! I__I know you should not forgive me for my mistakes but still I am requesting you, please forgive me..!!

G: what has happened to you? what are you saying? Hume kuch bhi samaj nehi araha

O: Today whatever I am saying to you, I should have done that long days back. You were always right! And I...I was wrong...always wrong! Don't know how come I became so judgemental about you. I..I am sorry, gauri !!

G: look, I really can't understand what you are trying to explain.

O: Gauri...I thought you wanted to marry me for...money

G: what?

O: I...I thought you had manipulated khanna ji to...

G: To?

O: to enter this...house

Omkara looked away not able to face Gauri. She stepped back, her eyes filling with fresh tears. They remained silent for few seconds.

G:omkara ji, can I ask you a question?

Omkara nodded his head.

G: How long have you known me before our marriage?

O( confused): huh?

G: tell me?

O: we had just met each other 2-3 times, didn't talk much na so_

G: So, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME!! then how can you tag a person as gold digger, greedy, manipulative without knowing her properly? Was it so easy to make a false assumption about me?

Gauri asked Om with teary eyes. He looked down in guilt.

G(shouting): WHY ARE YOU SILENT NOW? ANSWER ME!!

Omkara held her from shoulder.

O: gauri, I...I know, I have made a huge mistake doubting you ! But I...I have realised how much wrong I was..! please forgive me for the last time. I promise I will never repeat...

Gauri jerked his hand from her and wiped her tears away.

G: Asking apology is not a solution. You have already done a lot for me. Hume apse aur kuch bhi nahi chahiye not even...your sorry!

Unknowingly tears rolled from Om's eyes. He knew that Gauri would not be able to forgive him so easily. He was mentally prepared. But now he didn't understand why he could not bear it.

O: please don't say like that. I am really ashamed of my act. mein samajta hoon tum_

G(crying+shouting): kuch nahi samajte ap...kuch bhi nahi!! Do you realise how I used to feel hearing all those hurtful words from you ? Noooo, right?

Omkara did not say a word racked with guilt.

G: I__used to die each and every moment thinking that what exactly I have done. so much anger, hatred for me....why? what's my fault? ( wiping tears) How do I know you that you are accusing me for something which I have never done!!

O(teary eyes): trust me, I didn't hurt you intentionally. If...if I knew the truth, I would never react like this. Can't you give me a chance to rectify my mistake?