14

He stared up at the sky, noticing how the sun was starting to sneak behind the mountains.

Today had been... interesting to say the least. He slept for five hours, and then for the rest of the day he just wandered, watching the movements of his home. He hadn't even eaten. He just wanted to make sure everyone was okay.

Now he laid near the lake, on his back, staring up at the sky. His stomach felt empty and he was so tired, but insomnia reared its head and the watchful eyes of the guard warned him not to sleep. He couldn't get any more energy, even though he was barely gaining any now.

His fingernail had broken. It didn't seem like much, but his claws were thick and could slice metal, so one breaking was almost unthinkable.

He knew he was getting weaker.

At this point he didn't even know whether to stall his decay out, or just blast all the magic so he could and kill himself.

He had no strength to check on Ivan. It was too tiring now. He'd tried a few times but his mind got lost along the way. He felt isolated. He wasn't even sure if it was a machine, or his magic had just become that weak.

He wanted to sleep, he yearned for it.

He was fairly sure he couldn't walk in a straight line anymore. He heard the scientists whispering about it, wondering if they should give him a walking stick, but they decided not too, and Alfred couldn't do anything about it.

He needed to eat to be able to sleep, but couldn't bring himself to even get up.

He looked up to find eyes staring down at him, full of concern.

He sat up as Alameda, the Croatoan/Croatan tribe, sat down next to him, her blue eye in his view, her brown one hidden behind her hair.

"You haven't eaten anything," she stated, holding out a piece of fruit. He was too dizzy, his gaze obstructed with stars- angry that he had sat up too fast.

Of course he'd gotten an iron deficiency.

He wasn't telling Samuel, he already had too much to worry about.

"Meh," he replied, biting into it. It tasted like nothing, but with how easy his teeth sunk in he knew it was a pear.

"You're gonna get sick."

"Meh, probably am."

"Mi, you're gonna hurt yourself. You need to sleep."

"I want too," he said softly, "I'm not allowed to sleep for more than five hours, I thought you knew this."

"Brother," she said, reaching out and running her thumb over the black under his eyes, his gaze focusing on nothing.

"Sis," he replied simply, his eyes drooping, "I can't."

She sighed, dropping her hand.

The white parts of her skin seemed to stand out more now, with his eyes so watery. He felt nauseous. He wasn't even sure if he wanted to eat or sleep. He was just tired of feeling tired. He had a horrible feeling in his gut and nothing was removing it.

He tossed the pear core into the lake.

"Dyami?" she asked as his head dropped, his eyes staring at the grass.

The guard sitting in a chair a few meters away shot up, walking over and starting to shake him. Nothing happened. He raised his hand to hit him, and he didn't flinch. Alameda started getting angry with the guard, lashing out to him a language lost to the world, before gazing down at her brother, kissing him on the forehead, and walking away.