40- Break up

"Just let me hold you
Hold you like a hostage"
hostage - Billie Eilish (dont smile at me)

February 12th

The last two days, I had talked to Tom only on set since when we weren't on set, he was always with June and let's say I didn't really want to talk to her.

I didn't know how long she was staying, but judging by how much Harry was complaining about her I guess I wasn't the only one who wanted her gone as soon as possible. Our day at work was over and after diner Harry decided to hang out with me in my room instead of staying in with Tom and June.

"I can't wait until she leaves." He groaned, throwing himself on the bed as I opened the TV and laid down besides him.

"I know," I chuckled, choosing a movie as I grabbed my pack of crisps, eating them as Harry grabbed his own that we had gotten from the grocery store earlier.

"I honestly don't understand what he's still doing with her now that you're not with that douche anymore." I almost choked on my food as he said that. He turned to me quickly, "Shit. Sorry, I really should learn when to shut up."

"No, it's fine. You just took me by surprise." I laughed it off, "I mean, he likes her so why shouldn't he be with her?" I said, not really asking him in particular.

"Yeah well, he liked you like a lot more so it pisses me off that he stays with her. He should be with you." Harry fought back, seeming very into this conversation.

"Well, I can't really argue with that." I chuckled, I wasn't going to tell him how much I wanted Tom to be with me instead but I didn't want to lie and say that I didn't care.

"You do still like him right? You don't have to answer, I'm just curious." He asked, looking at me intently.

"Of course I do." Was all I felt like I needed to answer.

"So, would you go out with him again if he were to break up with June?"

"I don't know if he would take me back, but I would go back to him in a heartbeat." I informed Harry, it didn't feel wrong to tell him all that because I felt at ease with Harry. I knew he appreciated me a lot and he had became a good friend of mine. At least I considered him as a good friend.

"He would, I'm sure he would." He exclaimed, "Oh my god, this is great. We have to break them up! I can't bear rooming with her one more night!"

I laughed, "If it bothers you that much, I can exchange with you for a few nights." I suggested, laughing at his desperation, "But I am not breaking them up, if Tom wants to break up with her then he will. Until then, I am not doing shit."

"What?" His voice cracked, "Yes you are doing shit! You have to tell him how you feel! And make it romantic and all!" Harry exclaimed, all excited.

"No!" I laughed, "He knows how I feel. We kissed at the wedding, then we slept in the same bed since the day he arrived here and I hate June. It couldn't be any more clear that I lov-like him a lot."

"Oh yeah, because nothing says I like you more than vague signs that you want him with you." He laughed at me, "He needs to hear it, Riley. He's a man."

"Damnit." I groaned, throwing my head back. "I thought it was clear between us!" Harry laughed at me again.

"Man, and I thought girls always had it all figured out." I pushed him and he laughed even more.

"It's not funny! I don't want to ruin this for him."

"Why are you so stuck on not breaking them up? Didn't she drug you or something?" Harry asked gently, genuinely confused.

"I'm not even sure she did. She may have but she may be completely innocent too and just really hate me because I kissed her boyfriend so she keeps on insulting me." I explained my theories to him as he nodded.

"Nah, she drugged you and you should break them up. Oh!" He exclaimed, sitting up to face me, "Valentine's day's coming up! You should plan a completely cheesy and romantic thing for him and then confess your love for him. I'll figure out how to break them up tomorrow." He planned it all out and I playfully rolled my eyes at him.

"You need to find yourself a girlfriend, seriously." I chuckled as he rolled his eyes, probably in annoyance at my lack of participation.

"You honestly suck. That would be such a sweet story to tell mum!"

"Oh, so I'm doing this to create a nice story to tell your family?" I sarcastically answered, chuckling at him.

"Yes! Well no, also because I like you a lot more and I very strongly dislike June." He retorted, smiling. "Seriously, even before you started dating you were so sweet with each other. The whole family loved seeing you two together. Mum was gushing over you every time Tom brought you up in a conversation. And she loved seeing Tom doing the sweetest thing for you, seriously it was all she could talk about."

I blushed, "Stop it."

"No, really. Just at the barbecue when he brought you a beer without saying anything when we were hanging out with you, it was adorable. Then when you left early, Tom never heard the end of it. Mum was so mad that he just let you go like that after all that Olivia had said to you. If dad hadn't been there she would have banned Tom from ever seeing Olivia again. Every time he talked about someone else than you she just rolled her eyes because she didn't want to hear it. You can imagine her reaction when June came around for the first time." He laughed, continuing his stories up until I stopped him.

"Yet he's with her, Harry. No matter what happened and no matter if I am still with Oliver or not, which I'm not, he's still with her and I can't take that away from him. It would be way too selfish. I can't say that I don't want to, because- God, Harry, you have no idea how much I want to be with him. I've wanted to be with him every since I first met him on set and drove him home. He's just- my - he's just perfect. You have no idea how much it tore me appart having to lie to him about Oliver whilst all this time all he asked for was the truth. It hurt so much yet I've known him for like half a year but it feels like so much more. And not only is he perfect, but so are all of you. Your whole family is awesome and so loving and I can't imagine being with anyone else but him." I rambled on, telling him everything I had been thinking about for a while. "But I can't make him break up with her for those exact reasons. He deserves someone who will not hurt him, who will not lie to him and who will be able to give him her all. But I don't think that is me, at least not yet. For now, June is that person."

"Except she's not, Riley. She doesn't care for him half as much as you do. Wanna know how I know? It's simple, she would never fight as hard for him. She never tries to work things out with him, she never lets him be right in a fight. She does give him her all, in the way that is unhealthy in a relationship. She gives him all of her jealousy, possessive habits and negative thoughts. Plus, she lies to him continuously about drugging you -because I, for one, am pretty sure that she did for whatever reason. She isn't right for him, at all. She doesn't even try to be friends with us whereas you didn't even have to try, it just clicked with every single one of us. You did hurt him before, but no one can argue that you had good reasons. You have things to work on, but as a whole- as a person, you are absolutely perfect for him. I respect that you don't want to screw them up but you've got to know that I know he's not good with her, but with you he's even more than good. He's whole."

"Alright, you have a really nice way with words Harry." I chuckled, smiling at him as his words sunk in. "I'll try to think of something."

"Yes!" He exclaimed loudly, jumping up and down on the bed. "Do I have to figure out a plan to break them up?" Harry asked, stopping every movements.

"No, don't worry about it." I chuckled as he sighed dramatically, saying that he was glad I said that because he didn't really want to do it.

We laughed and finished up the movie before he went back to his own room.

Was Harry right?

_________
I've got an idea for a special valentine's day🥰
HAPPY VALENTINES BABIES