Chapter Forty

Stuart was next to Evie bedside and he could tell that she was getting better yet he saw officers walked inside and he saw Evie dad there and he went up to his daughter

"What the hell happened?"
David questioned him as he explained everything what Harry has done to Evie and he looked at his daughter and the machine started to beep which the nurse and doctor came in.

"Can you please leave the room please?"
Nurse Avery asked Stuart which David took his son in law and they went outside and Stuart watched on seeing his wife helpless.

"How am I going to cope with two young kids?"
Stuart asked David who looked at him.

"You will cope you got me and her mother."
David said as nurse Avery walked out seeing Stuart and his father in law looking at Evie.

"You can go back in there her heart stop beating for a minute but we manage to bring it back."
Nurse Avery said to them and Stuart walked inside and he place his hand on Evie hand softly.

"How am I going to cope without you?"
Stuart asked her as he sighed softly and Doctor Blake who looked at him.

"I was in your position my wife was in ICU after getting attacked by a male stranger in front of my and her three beautiful kids and I was asking myself the question how am I going to cope without you? The differences is that you got her family with you I didn't her family disown because I wasn't the one for their daughter anyway enough about me she's going to make it."
Doctor Blake said to Stuart who looked at him before he walked out.

Next day

Stuart was back in Evie ward with Adriana and Jimmy as they looked at her.

"So when do you think she going to wake up Stuart?"
Adriana asked him as he sighed sadly.

"Don't worry."
Stuart said as he was about to give up on Evie and he sat down next to Evie which Jimmy wrap his arm around Adriana and they saw something moving and nurse Avery came in with doctor Blake.

"Looks like Mrs. Broad is waking up but she will be groggy."
Nurse Avery said as Stuart was on his phone and she saw Evie slowly waking up looking around the room.

"Good morning Mrs. Broad."
Nurse Avery said to Evie who looked at her before looking at Stuart.

"Broady."
Evie croaked as he looked up from his phone seeing Evie there looking at him.

"Evie."
Stuart whispered as he poured her cup of cold water from his bottle and she drank some.

"He's going to come and kill me isn't he Stuart."
Evie whispered back as he looked at her.

"He's not Evie he won't be coming near you for a long time."
Stuart said as they heard Kim voice with the police and it was Evie dad who was on duty walked up to his daughter.

"Oh Evie he won't be coming near you for good."
David said to his daughter who nodded at him before she saw Harry there with his dad and she start to panicked as Stuart went up towards Harry which his dad stood in front of his son.

"Don't even touch my son."
Pat warned Stuart who looked at Harry who smirked at him.

"You know what I will see you in court Kane."
Stuart snapped at him which Harry looked at him.

"Not before I do."
Harry said before walking away from Stuart as David looked at Stuart who sighed in anger.

"He's going to make up lies about me so he can get me send down."
Stuart said as Evie wanted to get out of bed but Stuart stopped her.

"You just literally woke up after being hit in the by your sick twisted ex."
Stuart whispered as Evie frowned at him.

"Harry is nothing but a jealous twisted prick because he's nothing like you ok I'm happy with you you're my world."
Evie whispered back as he sighed softly.

Two weeks later

Stuart was in bedroom which Evie looked at her head frowned softly and she heard Leighton cries which she went to his room opened the door seeing Leighton looked at her picking him up gently.

"It's ok you had a bad dream mama is here."
Evie cooed at him as he start to do baby talk to her as she start to sing to him which he start to fall asleep in her arms which she heard the opened and closed looking over her shoulder seeing it was Stuart who looked at her.

"Don't need to get scared of your own husband."
Stuart said as she nodded at him before looking back at Leighton who was sleeping and she place him back in his crib as Stuart wrapped his arms around her waist.

Later that day

Stuart was next to Evie who was asleep next to him but she felt a pain against her head before waking up from her nightmare and she looked at Stuart who looked at her.

"I don't want him to hurt me anymore please don't let him hurt me I'm begging you Stuart."
Evie cried as he place her in his arms and he rocked her gently.

"It's not going to happen on my watch."
Stuart promised as she carried on crying inside his arms.

"Please I want a happy ever after but I can't see it happen because of Harry."
Evie sniffled softy before she grabbed a tissue and blow her nose which Stuart groaned.

"You have he isn't going to it away from us and he's dead to us and I will make sure that he get done for attacking you in front of our son."
Stuart said softly as Evie sighed softly and they heard the phone rang which he picked up and it was Harry.

"You do realise that I will get Evie and kids away from you when the judge takes your rights away from them."
Harry warned as Evie took the phone from Stuart who looked at her.

"Harry do us a favour and just fuck off you're nothing but a jealous twisted vile human who shouldn't even be here. Go play with your barbie dolls with your fake daughter and your fake girlfriend because IM VERY HAPPY WITH STUART AND I DON'T NEED YOU PHONING ME OR STUART EVER AGAIN BECAUSE I GOT A RESTRAINING ORDER ON YOUR UGLY FACE."
Evie yelled before hanging up on Harry as she sighed softly and she looked at Stuart softly.

"You got the proof that he attacked me he had a hammer."
Evie said as he looked at her before Tia and Leighton who was in Tia arms.

"Mummy I don't want to be in my room anymore neither does Leighton.
Tia said as they went up to us hoping it was a fazed but Harry came in the room holding a gun in his hand and he shot Tia in the chest which Stuart start to attacked Harry until a shot went off.

A/N
Chapter forty is finished.
Harry shot Tia but did he shot Stuart or did Stuart shot Harry?