Chapter nine: Forgive me?

"Morana! Come back, please!" My incredibly sorry excuse of a mother begged as I ran down the creaky and slippery stairs. I didn't know where I would go. Or how I would get out, but I knew I must. Even looking at her face brought the most sickening feeling of disgust to my stomach. Seeing her again, I knew I would never forgive her. I couldn't. And she shouldn't expect me to. I mean if she ever did, she would be let down. I don't care if that seems stubborn. It seems fair to me. I had reached the front door by now.

"Morana, stop! Please, I'll make it up to you! I can't tell you how much I've missed you, and how much I regret my decision. I know I've waited a long time to say this, but I love you, Morana. Not a day goes by where I don't kick myself for what I did! I mean, look at you! Not only are you beautiful, but you are intelligent, kind and strong. Please, end my misery and forgive me. I beg you, Morana. For what it's worth, I'm sorry."

For a second, just one second, I felt pity towards her. And towards me. It took all the strength in me to not turn around and embrace her. The lump in my throat only got worse as her words circled my head. Now I really couldn't turn around. I couldn't let her see my swollen cheeks, red eyes and trembling chin. Quickly, I turned the handle and swung the door open. Without warning, I was flung back into the air. Screaming, I crashed into the ground.

"MORANA!!" That was the last thing I heard.