Finale II

SIYA

I can't believe Didi is with someone this crazy. The threat plays around in my mind and I wonder if he'd really go to such extremes. To kill an unborn baby because he doesn't want Jhené next to my child? Israel is my son the same way Mason is so why should I keep my wife from him? I've been waiting for Jhené to call me since I sent her that recording. I know she will once she listens to it and she does.
Me: "Baby"
Jhené: "(panting) So it's… it's true? He'll kill our baby? How?"
Me: "I don't know Jhené. I don't know how he might even do this but I know we can't risk it."
Jhené: "It's crazy . He's crazy and why is Didi with such a monster? So she sat , listened and didn't do anything? I thought she likes me, that we're getting along good but this?"
Me: "It's obvious she has no say in it."
Jhené: "So I wasn't wrong about her after all? "
Me: "(sighs)I think it's best you stay away."
Jhené: "(wistfully)What? You want me to… to stay away from your son?"
Me: "That's not what I mean."
Jhené: "Then what do you mean? Because it sounds to me like you're agreeing with him."
Me: "I don't want to lose our child Jhené and I'm sorry but we'll find a way through this. You'll spend as much time with Israel when he's old enough to visit me."
Jhené: "(snickers) You think they'll allow him to visit? Why are you being a wuss and agreeing to their demands? He's your son as much as he's hers and that… man has no claim over him. That's not even his house !"
Me: "(bellows)Don't speak to me like that Matshidiso. What happened to the respect?!"
Jhené: "I just don't understand why we're letting this man bully us. What does the co-parenting agreement say?"
Me: "You read it moss. We agreed that Israel will start visiting me when he's six months. That Didi will communicate with you instead of me when he needs anything that couldn't be purchased with child support."
Jhené: "So why should we listen to him? He's not God nor does he control my fate. My baby existed for a reason and won't die because of a mere human."
Me: "Tshidi"
Jhené: "No. I'm not going to listen to him because I don't believe he can do us any harm. I'll be visiting Israel next week whether they want me to or not. (Hangs up)"
Me: "(frustrated) Dammit Jhené!"
Mom: "(knocking on my door) Breakfast time."
Me: "Coming"
They're in the dining hall and Aaliyah is surprisingly here as well.
Me: "(sits) Good morning."
Liyah: "Doesn't look like one for you dear brother."
Me: "Yeah, I hardly slept last night."
Dad: "Is it Israel? Is he coming down with something?"
Me: "(sighs) No, it's not him. Didi's boyfriend doesn't want Jhené visiting their place and threatened to kill our baby if she does."
Dad: "(chuckles) Really?"
Me: "This isn't something to laugh about. It's our child we're talking about."
Mom: "So you're letting a jailbird get to you?"
Me: "(squints eyes) Jailbird? How do you know that?"
Mom: "Because we have to always know who we associate ourselves with. Be it directly or  indirectly."
Me: "So I shouldn't take him seriously?"
Dad: "Don't worry son. Just eat."
Liyah: "Consider turning to God."
Me: "I'm not in the mood Aaliyah."
Liyah: "He's the only one who can protect your child. That guy is nothing against God but I can't say the same about you or our parents for that matter."
Mom: "(chuckles) He's a has-been. Calls himself Terror. (Laughs) like that's supposed to be scary. "
Me: "I've lost my appetite.(stands and leaves)"
.
JHENÉ

I tap my foot on the floor while waiting for her to pick up. It's the third time I'm ringing her and I won't give up. On the sixth ring, she does.
Didi: "Tsh-"
Me: "(interjects) How could you?"
Didi: "What are you talking about?"
Me: "(rants)Don't act like you don't know! I actually thought you were a good person, that we got along only to find out you're a snake."
Didi: "Haibo, what are you on about?"
Me: "Oh , don't you dare act innocent. Your boyfriend threatens to kill my child while you're there and you don't even talk him against it. It's what you want, right? You want to be the only one with an infant. You want us to coo over your baby and want all attention on him. You're very selfish Didintle and so self-centred. Have you no shame? I thought Ona was bad but you're the worst. "
Didi: "Fair enough. Then it's best you stay away from this snake before it bites you. (Hangs ups)"
She didn't even deny it. That reality twists my gut and makes me realise how stupid I've been. But I know I won't allow them to keep Israel from me. He's Siya's son as much as he's mine and we won't dance to their tune. I refuse to allow myself to be intimidated. I'll visit him and nothing will happen to our unborn baby. Didi's boyfriend isn't God!
.
GINA