Finale IV

JHENE

Me: Thank you all for having come and shared this day with us, you made it super awesome and exciting. I thank God for having made it possible above everyone else.

Applauses rise as Siya helps me down. my husband. Heck, I had no idea my soulmate is someone seven years younger but with how he treats me, how he loves me and how he makes me feel, I understand why the age has never mattered.

Siya: Ready to get out of here?

Me: (nods) But not before I say goodbye to our kids.

Siya: (chuckles) Of course.

My eyes scan around the room and I absorb the happiness in every guests face. they all wanted to celebrate this day with us and it makes my heart swell. The reception has been the most exhausting, especially the sitting around and dancing. Im glad its all over now and that everything actually went well, not that I expected it to. Its just with Siyas baby mamas here, I couldnt help but worry.

Siya: Youre suppose to be on your feet now.

Me: (chuckles and stands) See you just now. (kisses his lips then leaves)

Most people are having drinks, some their own little party and the kids are just playing around. As Im about to turn, I bump into Ona who seemed to be coming my way.

Ona: It was beautiful. Your wedding.

Its the first time Im receiving a compliment from her so Im partially surprised. However, Im still nice.

Me: (smiles) Thank you.

Ona: Must be nice marrying the love of your life and having him love you back. Theres no way he can ever be mine, huh? (giggles) I wish you all the best. A drink to celebrate?

Its only then that I notice she has two glasses. With a smile, I accept it and we click our glasses together.

Ona: Dont hurt him OK. I know he loves you and you make him happy so let it stay that way. A happy man is a happy father.

Me: I wont. thank you

I down the contents of the drink, cranberry juice and hand the glass to one of the waiters. I find the other baby mama outside, blowing smoke with her boyfriend. Who invited this guy here? Im just glad that Israel isnt here when this happens. I can imagine him having to experience secondary smoking. Ok, Im being crazy because Didi might be anything but shes a damn good mother. I have to clear my throat since theyre kissing between the smoking.

Me: Thank you for bringing Israel. It means a lot to us.

Didi: Sure but you know he wont remember this right? Hes only six months.

Me: Yes but hes in the pictures.

Didi: Yes of course, nice wedding. Has this little hoe wanting this nigger to put a ring on it.

Him: You want the ring?

Didi: Uh, no. it was just loud thinking.

Me: So uhm, wheres Israel?

I have to ask before they start licking face in my presence. I dont know if its the smoke of what theyve been smoking but I suddenly feel dizzy.

Didi: With Hope in one of the guest rooms.

The walk to east side where the rooms are seems like Mandelas walk of freedom. I know if Israel is with her then she probably has the twins and Mason. When Im in the corridor, I put my hands on the wall for support. I thankfully know which door hers is and its the second from the beginning of the corridor. Im feeling breathless as I knock. I can hear the faint chatter of the kids inside and when the door opens, I can hardly maintain balance.