Chapter 14

// I'm still on that James & Reece phase. //

.

.

.

Annelise's POV

"What was his name again?" Mark asked, shoving his peach flavored ice cream into his mouth as we were pulling into our garage.

"James." I said sadly, looking at Mark.

"And this the exact reason why I don't let boys enter your life, Lise." Mark said, as he was getting out of the car.

"But it is called 'my life' for a reason." I said, slamming my door shut. I entered my house, smelling a really good aroma.

"Who's cooking?" Mark said, reading my mind.

"Did I mention that eight boys live here too?" I told Mark, as he crossed his arms, waiting for an explanation. "But it's temporary!" I yelled, putting my hands up in fake surrender. Mark sighed, as we entered the kitchen.

"Anne! Oh my god, where were you, you little fart?!" Jake yelled, staring directly at me.

"Watch who you call a fart, punk." Mark said in a deep voice, coming into view. Jake gulped and took a step back. I thought Jake was the toughest one, but it's really odd since he's the tiniest.

"U-Uh, sorry man. I'm Jake." He said, holding his hands out for Mark too shake.

"Your name isn't James?" Mark asked, eyeing him. Oh lord. Jake shook his head, frowning.

"James is upstairs." He said, pointing upwards.

"Oh." Mark said, laughing nervously. He looked at me, and mouthed an 'I hate you'. "Well then Welcome to my humble home!"

"You live here?" Jake said, laughing.

"He's my brother." I spoke up, as Jake nodded understanding. "He's a marine." I continued, as Mark smiled proudly.

"And you guys are?" Mark said, noticing the rest of the guys, excluding James.

"I'm Reece!"

"Tom."

"Casey Johnson."

"Charlie."

"Chris!"

"I'm Barclay." Barclay said, waving. Barclay is such a quiet, but sweet guy. Mark came by him and put his hand on his cheek, then walked away. Barclay confusingly looked at me, and I shrugged. He probably got hit on the head or something.

"Alright, Mark. You need to rest. Let me show you your room." I said, pulling him by his elbow.

"But I already know where my room is."

"Of course you do." I said, smiling widely at him. Mark scrunched his face, and shrugged, and we started walking towards the stairs. As we were going up the stairs, James came down, which caught Marks attention.

"Are you James?" Mark asked, stopping James as he reached the floor.

"Yeah.." He said, looking at me after. I stood there shocked, not being able to move. Please don't do anything stupid. James sensed my nervousness, and rolled his eyes and kept walking. Bad move, James.

"Where do you think you're going?" Mark asked, following James.

"Uh, to the kitchen?" James said, stating the obvious. I ran back down the stairs, and stood in front of them before Mark can do something stupid.

"Uh, this is my house?" Mark said, saying it the same way James did. I cracked a little smile, and I saw James glare at me. "You think you can just walk in my house and break Anne's heart?" Mark yelled pushing James.

"First of all, don't touch me!" James yelled, pushing Mark back. Please don't. "And second of all, I didn't make her fall in love with me! For gods sake, I didn't even like talking to her! So you and your girlfriend Anne, that is always on top of me, can go fuck around somewhere else!" That hit me right on the gut.

"W-What?" I stuttered, staring directly at James. "He's my brother!" I continued, baffled of the thought of me and Mark going out. I felt a tear stream down my cheek, as I ran upstairs.

"Anne. I didn't mean that, it slipped!" James yelled, and I stopped a bit for a moment.

"Yeah, well I sure do mean this." Mark said bitterly, and pounced on top of James. I gasped and ran back downstairs.

"Why aren't you guys doing anything?!" I yelled at the guys, as they were just staring at James and Mark fight. I screamed when Mark punched James on the face, so I had to break it up.

I slipped in between them, and boy was I stupid. James punched Mark directly in the face, but as I pushed Mark away, his fist came in contact with my face.

All I remember was hearing a crack, before a blackness took over me.

______________________________

Vote, comment, and fan. ♥

ily ♡

- Jessica xx