Chapter 10

// Photo of Blake [Zac Efron] bc he's flawless. //

.

.

.

Annelise's POV

"Hey! Come back!" Blake yelled, chasing after me. Why'd I leave my house, why'd I leave my house, kept on running through my mind. Just a few more blocks to go, Anne, just a few more. "Stop!" Blake yelled even louder. I felt terrified, because he was either screaming louder, or he was getting closer. I would turn around, but I'm not taking any chances.

I praised god, when I saw my house  in view. A rush of adrenaline shot through me, making me run faster. I quickly opened the gate, running towards the door, until I ran into someone.

"Annelise?" I immediately recognized his voice. It was James. "What's wrong? And why are you panting so much?" Cause I just ran a marathon, I wanted to respond, but I didn't want to cause any problems. I already have enough, and I'm starting to get fed up of them.

"Anne, I need to talk to you."

I quickly turned around, almost tripping on my own feet.

"No, Blake. We got nothing to talk about." I said, while rolling my eyes at him.

"Anne, I said I need to-"

"She said she doesn't want to talk to you, mate. So leave it." James stepped in, making me feel on top of the world.

"And you are?" Blake rudely asked, and I can tell he was getting angrier by the second.

"James. James Graham. And you?" James said, showing no anger at all. Sadly, I can never keep my temper to myself. I always find some way too show it.

"Blake Greene. Ever heard of me? I bet you have. Son of Robert Greene and Elizabeth Greene." Blake spat. I hated how he used to always brag about himself.

"Well have you ever heard of me? Certainly you have. But if you haven't, you must living under a rock." James said back, smiling widely. This is the first time I've ever seen him smile, and it only makes me like him even more.

"Oh yeah? What are you? A professional plumber?" Blake laughed, and I scoffed. He never had a sense of humor.

"Actually, I'm a singer. Someone who's actually more important than a greedy selfish son of two wealthy parents." James said, whilist smirking. Blake didn't say anything back, and as I was waiting for him to leave, he turned to me.

"Anne I need to talk to you." He said through gritted teeth.

"What part of she doesn't want to talk to you, don't you understand?" James said calmly, but I can tell he was starting to get really annoyed. "She no want to talk to you." He said slowly, as I was laughing.

"Nothings funny here, Anne." Blake said, with crossed arms.

"Of course there is! Well it was nice seeing you!" I said, as I turned my heel, and started walking towards the door, as James was following me. "Just kidding." I said, smiling and shutting the door.

"Uh, thanks." I nervously whispered.

"No problem." He said, smiling and walking up the stairs.

"Er, James?" I said, trying to get his attention. He then looked at me, motioning for me to go on. "W-Would you like to, uh, go somewhere tomorrow?" I stuttered, scared to hear his answer.

"Uh, no." My heart sank. "But come to the balcony in 15 minutes." He said, before entering his room.

I sighed, and went to the backyard to think, but Reece stopped me.

"Eh, you can't go in there." He said, and I looked at him confusingly.

"But this is my house?" I said, but it came out more like a question.

"I know, I know. But please?"

"Fine." I said, giving in. I think it was because of his sweet smile. Curse that smile.

I went to my room, and sat on my bed, thinking of everything that happened this week. Woah. I forgot that I was mad at the boys. I should probably apologize- wait. What am I thinking? They should apologize!

I checked my phone, and saw that 15 minutes have passed, so I decided to go to the balcony. I got out of my room, and started to walk towards the stairs, but something stopped me. Like it was actually 'something', more like myself. I'm kind of nervous of what he's going to tell me.

I shook that feeling out of my head, and went upstairs, and walked towards the balcony. I turned to door knob, to see James on his phone.

"Oh you actually came." He murmured, and I frowned. What's that supposed to mean?

"Yep." I said quietly. I sat by him, fumbling with my fingers. I'm already beyond embarrassed, because of my five second rejection awhile ago. "So, what were you going to tell me?"

"Uh." He said, smiling. "You see.."

____________________________

I'm doing a double OR triple update, so keep reading!

ilyily ♡

- Jessica xx